The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

New pictures

This is a discussion on New pictures within the Axolotl Gallery forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; Heres some photos of my crowded tank, before I farmed three out to my new one. In this one, Tonantzin, ...

Axolotl Gallery Post photos of axolotls and set-ups.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th April 2005   #1 (permalink)
anne-marie

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Heres some photos of my crowded tank, before I farmed three out to my new one.

Click the image to open in full size.

In this one, Tonantzin, my big white axy is probably starting to regret motherhood. (sorry, it's a bit grainy)

Still on babysitting duties, here. You can just see my wildtype, Nahuatl, in the background left.
Funny how Quetzal never seems to be around for fathering duties, ain't it?

This is a small section of my new tank set-up. Gleek is pictured. Wonder Twins were asleep.

And, just because Claire posted pics of her dog, here's two of my dog, Tanner - cause he's cute.

Old 18th April 2005   #2 (permalink)
claire

Gallery Images:
Comments:

aww bless them all! that last pic of tanner is sooo cute!what breed is he?pit bull? pit bull cross? we dont have pit bulls in england i dont think...well none that ive seen.lol.

Old 19th April 2005   #3 (permalink)
anne-marie

Gallery Images:
Comments:

He's a Tanner Breed! I think hes a bull terrier - staffordshire terrier cross, or so they told me.
I adopted him from the RSPCA when I was a volunteer there. He was found wandering and no-body claimed him. Click the image to open in full size.. Good for me though, he's a lovely dog Click the image to open in full size.

Old 19th April 2005   #4 (permalink)
claire

Gallery Images:
Comments:

awww cute.i do work experience at some stray kennels and i always want to take a dog home but im never allowed!haha!but i have fun trying to pursuade my mam!

Old 5th May 2005   #5 (permalink)
rheann

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Look at their facesClick the image to open in full size. that's my #1 thing about Axolotls, is their cute faces. They always look like they are smiling or have funny little expressions it would seem. They are so gentle. they're so corky and sweet. I just love them the little cutiesClick the image to open in full size.

Old 5th May 2005   #6 (permalink)
sharon

Gallery Images:
Comments:

oh thats a lovely tank set up!! How do you keep the substrate so WHITE????

Old 6th May 2005   #7 (permalink)
anne-marie

Gallery Images:
Comments:

It was new substrate! Now I have a 4ft tank with black and white substrate so any icky marks wont show up so much. I hope. Ane they've got lots more room to move .

Old 6th May 2005   #8 (permalink)
sharon

Gallery Images:
Comments:

lol As lovely as it is I think I'm happy with my pieces of slate, rainbow rock and basically bare bottom. Much easier for me to keep clean. I think I'd like more hardy plants though... the fakes are great but they are so obviously fake...

Old 7th May 2005   #9 (permalink)
joan

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Sharon, have you tried silk plants? I like the look/feel of silk over the plastic. Unless you're up really close, most of the time you cant tell the difference between real and silk.

Old 7th May 2005   #10 (permalink)
sharon

Gallery Images:
Comments:

most of mine are silk.. nah there is something in the way they move... that suggests "life" when something is swimming through it... I haven't had a fully planted tank in a long time... lol think I'd better stick to fakes... tired of the lights and cords... rotfl.. keeping the plants alive in the viv is PITA enough..

Old 7th May 2005   #11 (permalink)
joan

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Lol, I know! I just gave all my live plants to my boyfriend. He has algae problems, and a warmer tank, so I figure the swords will do better with him anyway. I keep pothos in my terrestrial tanks, but don't bother with anything (except for a newly acquired mossball) in my aquatic tanks.

Old 11th May 2005   #12 (permalink)

Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: cody has started on the right path

Hay annie whats that big leafed plant in your tank

cody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2005   #13 (permalink)
anne-marie

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Its called an anubia and its a low light plant so you don't need to have special lighting. One other thing - please, please don't call me Annie Click the image to open in full size.. Anne I can handle, Anne-marie is even better but Annie??? Click the image to open in full size.. Sorry, had to get that off my chest. Of course the drawback is that if anyone wants to annoy me, now they know how.

Tags
pictures

(View-All Members who have read this thread since 28th October 2017, 00:34 (Set) (Clear)

There are no names to display.
LinkBack