The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store Donate

Ebony & Ivory... Melanoid and Melanoid Albino embryos and adults

This is a discussion on Ebony & Ivory... Melanoid and Melanoid Albino embryos and adults within the Axolotl Gallery forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; Well, this will be my first post of a recent photo in the axolotl section. I would normally put this ...

Axolotl Gallery Post photos of axolotls and set-ups.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th November 2004   #1 (permalink)
john

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Well, this will be my first post of a recent photo in the axolotl section. I would normally put this in the Photo Gallery topic but since the axolotl section is taking over, I thought I would post it here.

Melanoid and melanoid albino (melanoid is a black animal, melanoid albino a white animal), a few days off hatching. Photo taken on Tuesday 23rd November:

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 24th November 2004   #2 (permalink)
john

Gallery Images:
Comments:

And here two quick snaps of mother and father. Mother is a melanoid albino and father is a melanoid (but he's heterozygous for albinism). Mother's about 25 cm long (10 inches) - still growing. Father is about 28 cm (11 inches), still growing steadily and heading for 30 cm.

Old 24th November 2004   #3 (permalink)
john

Gallery Images:
Comments:

That's one of those worms that people keep telling me axolotls don't eat. Someone hasn't told my axolotls that.

The golden axolotl is the "runt" of my axolotls - she was badly attacked when younger, and she has really only finished regenerating her front left leg and her tail, and now she's coming on nicely.

All of these axolotls were born in August 2003 I believe (thanks Claire!).
Old 24th November 2004   #4 (permalink)
andre

Gallery Images:
Comments:

beauuuutiful Click the image to open in full size.)
Old 25th November 2004   #5 (permalink)
kaysie

Gallery Images:
Comments:

John, I couldnt tell you if my axies eat them or not. I put them in and they instantly disappear... Unless they spontaneously combust without a trace... lol
Old 25th November 2004   #6 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: colin has started on the right path

Thats the same ones my Triturus and Salamandra spit out
colin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2004   #7 (permalink)
kaysie

Gallery Images:
Comments:

My triturus and jeffersons eat them the same way: by inhalation.

Tags
adults, albino, ebony, embryos, ivory, melanoid

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 61 (Set)

AGreenDarkness, Alioth, Anibanani, Antony Rossi, Anubis, Axolotl Admirer, axolotllove, b00f, Bayareatom, Bette, Birthdayboy, Boo Penguin, chimene, chriscatcher14, cichlidmayhem, crickit785, Dnielh, ellenant, End, Exton, forester, FormerFIP, Geckogal, georgecrow, Greewok, HeavenlyCharmed, infested, inkozana, j3nny, james30, Kev Yorkshire, KillerGorilla, klaydogz, Lemi, lovelotl, Lua, mmbd73, OKori, Quetzacoatl, RafaelS, retrochick1971, RichardDial, Ripley, Rissa1980, RobertsKitty, Sandyalexb20, Shadow, shanna1010, sichbo1, SmartBartje, steffiegirl914, sws22, Tanzaniterose, Tappers, tigmades, tle224235, tomkeogh, Toothless157, Vanessa Joy, vank0055, zoezakella