The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Wanna see 3 Michael Shrom axies?

This is a discussion on Wanna see 3 Michael Shrom axies? within the Axolotl Gallery forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; Hi everyone! I attended the MD Reptile Show yesterday (4/10/10) just to see Michael's axolotls and I must say it ...

Axolotl Gallery Post photos of axolotls and set-ups.

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th April 2010   #1 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 5
Comments: 1
Rep: dragonlady is a mainstay of Caudata.orgdragonlady is a mainstay of Caudata.orgdragonlady is a mainstay of Caudata.orgdragonlady is a mainstay of Caudata.orgdragonlady is a mainstay of Caudata.orgdragonlady is a mainstay of Caudata.orgdragonlady is a mainstay of Caudata.org
Talking Wanna see 3 Michael Shrom axies?

Hi everyone!

I attended the MD Reptile Show yesterday (4/10/10) just to see Michael's axolotls and I must say it was well worth the trip!! He was friendly, informative, and of course, all of his amphibious offerings were amazing! So here are the 3 I settled on after much deliberation! I have not named them yet and welcome any ideas. I have started with an Egyptian theme with my axies - I don't know why, it just seemed to fit them! Thanks for checking them out!
The first is a gfp Melanoid, the second a leucistic, and last, but not least, a gfp wildtype. Yes, he is missing toes but should have no problem growing those right back.
Attached Thumbnails
Wanna see 3 Michael Shrom axies?-p4110001.jpg   Wanna see 3 Michael Shrom axies?-p4110006.jpg   Wanna see 3 Michael Shrom axies?-p4110007.jpg  

dragonlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2010   #2 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: tomkeogh has shown reliable knowledgetomkeogh has shown reliable knowledge
Default Re: Wanna see 3 Michael Shrom axies?

Sorry to have an ignorant moment but who/what is Michael Shrom? I love the wild very nice colour

tomkeogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2010   #3 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 19
Comments: 2
Rep: Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

The light wild type is gorgeous, very nice animal!

About the egyptian name sort of thing, the grey GFP Melanoid just screams Pteppic to me (If Jacquie reads this sheŽll find me oh so very original :P).

Michael Shrom is a respectable breeder and knowledgeable individual that roams this forums.

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions.

Non Timetis Messor.
Azhael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2010   #4 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Rep: dragonlady is a mainstay of Caudata.orgdragonlady is a mainstay of Caudata.orgdragonlady is a mainstay of Caudata.orgdragonlady is a mainstay of Caudata.orgdragonlady is a mainstay of Caudata.orgdragonlady is a mainstay of Caudata.orgdragonlady is a mainstay of Caudata.org

I apologize, Tom. I should clarify as many may be unfamiliar with him. Michael is a US breeder and member here. He does post from time to time - user name is Michael. If you check under Testimonials, you will see his name and various compliments from satisfied customers like myself! He has been a breeder for many years and has a stellar reputation.

Thanks for the idea, Azhael!

Last edited by dragonlady; 11th April 2010 at 16:21. Reason: add a response
Old 11th April 2010   #5 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 12
Comments: 4
Rep: melfly is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgmelfly is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgmelfly is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgmelfly is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgmelfly is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgmelfly is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

I love the melanoid!!
Congrats on your new babies they are all beautiful
Axolotls are so addictive!! lol

Mel

melfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2010   #6 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:

Oh Okay like a Caudata celebrity! I shall look up on him.

On the Egyptian names how about Osiris, he was the God of water I think? Or how about you expand the theme to the Aztec's which I think is more suited to Axolotl,
Atlaua, water god
Cuaxolotl, Goddess of the heart
mextli, God of storms
Amimitl, god of lakes

Old 11th April 2010   #7 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:

@Mel -YES, they are Sooooo addictive! Thanks!

@Tom - Osiris is one I was considering - Good point about the Aztec reference! I think you have just named the Melanoid Mextli, as he does have the coloring of storm clouds right now! Still contemplating your other suggestions!

Old 11th April 2010   #8 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Tiffanymac has started on the right path
Talking Re: Wanna see 3 Michael Shrom axies?

What an adorable little face the melanoid has!

I'm new to axolotls...they are facinating little animals! I'm hoping Shoegal's goldens lay some eggs! I was able to get the remaining ones that Slimer had...should arrive Tuesday or Wednesday...fingers crossed for me!

I have 3 boys and really want them to see how the axie's develop and grow ~ They are rediculously excited and can't wait! I have learned so much from this forum and all of the other links to more pages...yep! I'm excited too! lol~! Hopefully soon I'll be able to post pics of our babies too!

Tiffanymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2010   #9 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 58
Comments: 71
Rep: Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11

You could name a brownish one "Chocolotl."

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions | My Blog
Otterwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2010   #10 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:

You can not pass up on cuaxolotl especially if you say it out load in a Mexican accent, perfect.

Old 11th April 2010   #11 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:

@Tom, Okay, my new wildtype is Cuaxolotl as I see (er, hear!) your point! Hopefully that one turns out to be female!

@Azhael, I have a tiny wildtype (4 cm - not pictured) so perhaps Pteppic would be better suited for him?

@Otterwoman - that one made me laugh!

@Tiffany, thanks! Looking forward to seeing your pics too! Definitely try to get a gold from Shoegal - hear they are gorgeous! My 3 love the axies too!

Old 11th April 2010   #12 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: mifuneaxie has started on the right path

I don't have any name ideas, but I just wanted to say that I absolutely love your melanoid! It has a fantastic color. Can't wait to see pictures of it when it's an adult!

mifuneaxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2010   #13 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Rep: callina is a mainstay of Caudata.orgcallina is a mainstay of Caudata.orgcallina is a mainstay of Caudata.orgcallina is a mainstay of Caudata.orgcallina is a mainstay of Caudata.orgcallina is a mainstay of Caudata.org

I love the little melanoid. He is soo gorgeous!
I hope, you will post much more pics of this little fellow.

callina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2010   #14 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Quetzacoatl has started on the right path

@dragonlady: Very nice looking axies! Especially the last one.

@Azhael: Discworld

Quetzacoatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2010   #15 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:

Hi Callina, yes, I find myself staring at him all the time and wanting to take tons of pics!

Thanks, Q, the wild's pattern and coloration are really nice - I really need a better camera to do both justice!

Old 15th April 2010   #16 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: wendyatk has started on the right path

Hi Shannon

Sorry its taken me a while to check out your new additions - hectic here at the moment. Like everyone else says they are lovely, Your collection is growing now.

wendyatk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2010   #17 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 6
Rep: FredMack is an unknown quantity at this point

ii love the first solid color one never seen one before.

FredMack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2010   #18 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:

Is there a chance the melanoid will darken with maturity? would you say he is grey or brown?

Old 16th April 2010   #19 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:

Thanks Wendy and Fred!

Tom, the melanoid will most likely darken, how much remains to be seen. This is the first year for GFP Melanoids according to Michael so hard to say exactly what mine will look like full grown. He is a beautiful shade of gray right now with some green undertones - I can't stop taking pics of him so check my ever expanding album!! lol
Attached Thumbnails
Wanna see 3 Michael Shrom axies?-p4120019.jpg   Wanna see 3 Michael Shrom axies?-met413.jpg  

Old 16th April 2010   #20 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:

Oh wow he is sort of half 'translucent' looks great

LinkBack