The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Jossie's Tank

This is a discussion on Jossie's Tank within the Axolotl Gallery forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; Congratulations on your first Axolotl and I'm sure not your last :0) Great looking axie you have there and yes ...

Axolotl Gallery Post photos of axolotls and set-ups.

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th August 2011   #21 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Neil C has given consistently good advice and informationNeil C has given consistently good advice and informationNeil C has given consistently good advice and informationNeil C has given consistently good advice and information
Default Re: Jossie's Tank

Congratulations on your first Axolotl and I'm sure not your last :0)
Great looking axie you have there and yes I think we'd all like some more pics of him.I think you might even have one of the more unusual coloured olive/ coppers? I don't see any iridiophores which the usual coloured ones have! Good luck with everything.

Neil C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2011   #22 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 0
Rep: axigeek has started on the right path

Yeah, they do get lonely. Since I've started working full time and I've moved the tank away from my pc, Gem has been very quiet and not as active as she used to be. Hence, I'm trying to get another axi. I say, if you've got the tank room and the cash, go get your axi a friend!

axigeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2011   #23 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: Jossie has started on the right path

This is another shot from the other day- I've now added another live plant.
I haven't seen him eat from the feeding jar as I put it in as I was going to sleep, but there was nothing there and the tank is pretty much clean so I'm assuming he ate it.
He likes to hang in the back corner where the filter intake is.

I think he's calming down a bit but this morning and last night he was doing las of the back and side. I can tell because he moves the sand with his swimming.

I'm a bit concerned about his tank temp as it's been warm the past couple of days, and I'm going to see if I can find some screen to construct a lid, as I've been using half a cardboard box and a lid from another fish tank instead.
Attached Thumbnails
Jossie's Tank-dsc_0147.jpg  

Jossie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
new axie, tank

LinkBack