The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Free Axie Eggs

This is a discussion on Free Axie Eggs within the FS: Australia or New Zealand forums, part of the For Sale, Give-Away or Trade category; I have axie eggs to give away too - it's that time of the year. My axies bred three times ...

FS: Australia or New Zealand This section exists due to the large number of Australians and New Zelanders UK who are Caudata.org users. Too right!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st July 2007   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: maxie has started on the right path
Exclamation Free Axie Eggs

I have axie eggs to give away too - it's that time of the year. My axies bred three times last year -
and we are still raising the babies! Raising eggs is a lot of fun, but also takes diligence and time.
If you would like to give it a go, I can guarantee cute axies. (Previous eggs have heralded black, wild, albino, golden and leucistic babies). I can offer advice on raising eggs/juveniles if required.

maxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2007   #2 (permalink)
Axolotl Enthusiast

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 4
Comments: 2
Rep: naymo has started on the right path

can you send them via post??Lol sorry if its a silly question.

naymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2007   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Default Axie eggs

Yes - I think it would be fine to send the eggs via mail - they are fairly resilient at this stage.
I have never sent them before, but I'm sure we can research the best method.
Advice anyone?

Old 5th July 2007   #4 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: peterj has shown reliable knowledge

Hi Karen,

If you've still got some and can mail to Brisbane (and I'll reimburse your postage) I'd be keen to give them a try. I've yet to get my axies to spawn - I think they're still immature.

Thanks,

Peter

peterj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2007   #5 (permalink)

Nationality:
Default Axie eggs

Hi Peter,

Yes, I still have the eggs. I am happy to post them to you if you would like to have a go.
I'm not sure of the safest postage method - but I shall research that.
The eggs have not hatched yet, so they are still fairly resilient at this stage - a good time to send - the sooner the better I guess.
It's a good opportunity for you to try raising eggs - as I was probably going to have to cull the eggs if no-one wanted them. It's a very hard (and sad) thing to do - bit I still have 30 little babies , and 28 juveniles from last year! (Plus my friend has another 30 from my first eggs).A have a house full of axies!!
I find that I have a success rate of about 30+ babies from each batch of eggs. If that sounds too daunting, you can always choose to raise only a portion of the eggs.
If you are still interested, you can e-mail me directly with your address details.

Thanks for your interest
Karen

*approved by Mark AT

Old 12th July 2007   #6 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 204
Comments: 118
Rep: John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

I'm sure people have talked about this several times on the forum, i.e. how to post eggs. A little bird told me that said little bird has sent eggs on around the world trips with large success, so within Australia or NZ should be easy.

Whenever I posted eggs within the UK a few years ago I always put them in a small tub along with whatever they were attached to (usually plants). Alternatively you can get something soft like vivarium moss or similar and wet it, and physically put the eggs on it. Some people sandwich the eggs between shredded pieces of plastic bags. There are lots of ways of doing it but the main things are to keep them damp (they do not need to be emersed in water, just quite moist), make it so they can't be crushed and also ensure that the package doesn't leak (the postman might think there's something seriously wrong if it starts oozing or going icky).

Old 12th July 2007   #7 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: salamanderguy has a given some bad advice or info, or has behaved inappropriately

will you ship to canada?

salamanderguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2007   #8 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 204
Comments: 118
Rep: John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

That is illegal. Please do not ask people to commit illegal acts.

Old 21st July 2007   #9 (permalink)

Nationality:
Default Eggs have found a home

Thankyou John for your advice, and to everyone else for their interest. The eggs have now safely found their way to a new home where they are being cared for exceedingly well. They are beginning to hatch, so more little axies on their way! I guess we will have more eggs this season,
so I shall post again if this is the case.

Tags
axie, eggs, free

LinkBack