The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Java Moss, Riccia, Java Ferns for sale or swap - Geelong, Victoria

This is a discussion on Java Moss, Riccia, Java Ferns for sale or swap - Geelong, Victoria within the FS: Australia or New Zealand forums, part of the For Sale, Give-Away or Trade category; Hi guys, I have a heap of Java moss, riccia, and about 10-12 Java fernlets for sale or swap. Sell ...

FS: Australia or New Zealand This section exists due to the large number of Australians and New Zelanders UK who are Caudata.org users. Too right!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th June 2011   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: blackdog is a mainstay of Caudata.orgblackdog is a mainstay of Caudata.orgblackdog is a mainstay of Caudata.orgblackdog is a mainstay of Caudata.orgblackdog is a mainstay of Caudata.orgblackdog is a mainstay of Caudata.org
Default Java Moss, Riccia, Java Ferns for sale or swap - Geelong, Victoria

Hi guys,

I have a heap of Java moss, riccia, and about 10-12 Java fernlets for sale or swap.

Sell the plants for whatever the going ebay rate is, not really that fussed, i'd probably prefer a swap.

i'd like some guppies & / or some red cherry shrimp

My location Geelong, i will post plants but i'm not real keen on posting fish & shrimp so we might have to meet for a swap.

Thanks
Bren

blackdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2011   #2 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: Aimzs Lotties has started on the right path
Default Re: Java Moss, Riccia, Java Ferns for sale or swap - Geelong, Victoria

If you are able to wait a month or so, my bf has just set up a guppy breeding tank and we intend to sell/ swap them when they start multiplying..

I'll let you know when/if we have any luck

Aimzs Lotties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2011   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: blackdog is a mainstay of Caudata.orgblackdog is a mainstay of Caudata.orgblackdog is a mainstay of Caudata.orgblackdog is a mainstay of Caudata.orgblackdog is a mainstay of Caudata.orgblackdog is a mainstay of Caudata.org

Sounds good Aimzs, A month would be good timing for me actually.

I just glued a few of the bigger java fernlets down to the rocks as they were getting pretty big, but i have tons of new smaller ones coming up, and more moss thani know what to do with

B

Old 19th July 2011   #4 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Comments: 4
Rep: yellowpebble is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgyellowpebble is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgyellowpebble is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgyellowpebble is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgyellowpebble is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgyellowpebble is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

i'm interested in buying some fernlets if you are willing to post :)

yellowpebble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2011   #5 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: DavidF has given good advice and informationDavidF has given good advice and information

Hi Blackdog

I have heaps of java fernlets too. It seems to be one of my most successful plants. I mostly use fishing line to tie the fernlets onto rocks or logs but that is fiddly. I see you glue them. What glue is safe for the fish and how does it go over time for you?

I keep RCS (red cherry shrimp) and they love the java so if you're starting a tank, dont trade it all away. :)

DavidF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2011   #6 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:

DavidF,

blackdog uses superglue which is safe because it dries so fast. I use aquarium safe glass silicone as glue which works quite well too, only thing is with the silicone you have to wait a week before putting it with axies, so that it has time to 'cure' . :) Hope that helps! :)

Old 22nd July 2011   #7 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdog View Post
Sounds good Aimzs, A month would be good timing for me actually.

I just glued a few of the bigger java fernlets down to the rocks as they were getting pretty big, but i have tons of new smaller ones coming up, and more moss thani know what to do with

B
Oh I forgot to mention the other day, we have tonnes of Thin Val as well so if you'd like to trade some bigger java fernlets for some, you're very welcome to it! We've got more than we started with because it breeds so well. :)

Old 27th July 2011   #8 (permalink)

Nationality:

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowpebble View Post
i'm interested in buying some fernlets if you are willing to post :)
Hi Pebble,

Sorry, i hadn't checked this post for a while.

Yes, i'm happy to post, but i might let some of the fernlets get bigger first.

I gave Aimz a few, used a few of the bigger ones myself.

I still have a lot of the fernlets (they just seem to be going nuts!!) but they are all very very small at the moment, it might be better to let them get a little bigger before posting.

Keep an eye out and i'll let you know.

@ David F - As Aimz said, i use super glue. A little tiny dab does the trick. It is safe for the tank, doesn't leach anything into the water, drys really fast, will stick just about anything together, and is able to be used on wet surfaces, so perfect for a tank i've found.

It does turn white and become very visible as soon as it hits the water though, so use it sparingly and be neat when applying. If you spread it over your nice driftwood or fake rocks with sticky fingers, it will become quite visible in the water.

One last benefit i only just discovered - when a plant dies or breaks off and leaves behind a little white patch of glue, the glue simply broke off my fake rocks and didn't leave a mark behind. I havent tested it on driftwood.

Bren

Old 27th July 2011   #9 (permalink)

Nationality:

@ Aimz, You plant the thin val in the ground dont you?

I probably wont use it in the axie tank, i only use floaters in there :-) but i'll take some for the other tanks.

When i get some bigger fernlets i'll let you know

Bren

Old 8th September 2011   #10 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: katie11122 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey,

I am interested, how much do you charge for plants and postage? Do you have any left? I live in Bendigo vic 3555

LinkBack