The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

For sale: Axolotl adult pair, black & albino, Selby/York area.

This is a discussion on For sale: Axolotl adult pair, black & albino, Selby/York area. within the FS: United Kingdom (just UK) forums, part of the For Sale, Give-Away or Trade category; Hello, After some time of thought I have decided to find a new home for my axolotl pair, as it ...

FS: United Kingdom (just UK) This section exists due to the large number of UK Caudata.org users. Please only advertise in this section if you will not send animals within the European Union. Otherwise please use the EU section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Bekzaloltl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default For sale: Axolotl adult pair, black & albino, Selby/York area.

Hello,
After some time of thought I have decided to find a new home for my axolotl pair, as it looks like I will be downsizing house fairly soon and having more commitments.

Basic info:
2 Axolotls - a breeding pair. Black male, albino female.
Captive bred, bought as juveniles from a small aquarium business in Selby in 2013.
Homed in an outdoor aquarium many years.
Fed earth worms from the garden.

Would want them to be homed in 4ft tank or larger please, and not passed around for profits.
They can come with their 4ft tank and the filter (free) - just bear in mind it has been outdoors a number of years. The tank has a repaired crack across the bottom, it has no evidence of a leak at all, but the filter needs greasing on the O ring each assembly or it will leak - I wouldn't trust the filter indoors.
Prefer collection, I will help get them ready to go though.
40 as a pair (or near offer), to go together only.

History / photos:
I have their background written in my blog post http://www.caudata.org/forum/blogs/b...l-mrs-otl.html
Photos are here http://www.caudata.org/forum/members...-axolotls.html

Bekzaloltl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Didjeridave is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: For sale: Axolotl adult pair, black & albino, Selby/York area.

Hi, I'm just over in Scarborough & have many years experience keeping ax's. I could arrange something this weekend if appropriate? I would more than likely keep them in the tank, but I'm intrigued as to keeping them outside; I assume they come in during the coldest spells? Anyway, space a plenty here either way in/out & two 5/7yr boys who keep asking about the 'fish-monster' that they remember from a couple of years back; I'm sure we'd find a good home for them! Please drop me a reply or text at your convenience 07717004409.
Best regards,
Dave.

Didjeridave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:

Hi Dave,
I keep them outside all weathers, they seem quite happy under ice (filter flow has never frozen) - its more an issue keeping them cool in heatwaves as they are positioned in a sunny spot.
This weekend is very busy but what about next weekend?
Bekz

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #4 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Didjeridave is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Bekz, agreed, it was a very busy weekend, barely got at my emails!
Next weekend is a possibility, or I could head over one evening after work, which is in Hunmanby, so should only be around an hour. I've seen the cabinet it's sitting on; does the tank sit on a separate board? If not, I'll find a suitable piece of wood & a bit of polystyrene to sit it on for transport. If you want to carry on the conversation by phone mine's 07717004409, otherwise I'll try and keep an eye out for emails.
Cheers,
Dave.

Didjeridave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #5 (permalink)

Nationality:

Hi Dave,
Tried texting you but no answer - do you still want them?
Thanks
Beks

LinkBack