The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

GFP Axolotl Eggs For Sale!

This is a discussion on GFP Axolotl Eggs For Sale! within the FS: USA forums, part of the For Sale, Give-Away or Trade category; Originally Posted by Cliygh and Mia Sorry, newb question incoming, but what is a GFP? The following info I found ...

FS: USA For US Caudata.org users wishing to sell/give away/trade within the US.

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st January 2015   #21 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 4
Rep: Bette has given good advice and informationBette has given good advice and informationBette has given good advice and information
Default Re: GFP Axolotl Eggs For Sale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliygh and Mia View Post
Sorry, newb question incoming, but what is a GFP?
The following info I found on brighthub dot com, and in an article by Ben Buxton explains it pretty well:

Green Fluorescent Protein (GFP) is a protein that glows with a bright green fluorescence on exposure to blue light and ultraviolet light. GFP was first noticed in the North Pacific jellyfish Aequoria victoria; when the jellyfish became agitated, certain spots around its bell rim emitted a greenish glow.
While in its native host, GFP emits a green colored light when it accepts blue light from a calcium activated photoprotein. Given another source of blue light, such as UV, which cannot be detected by human eyes, GFP will produce a green light.
Using GFP as a genetic marker, researchers are able to study how cellular functions take place.
GFP is used to create fluorescent animals for scientific and medical research as well as the pet industry. Scientists have created fluorescent monkeys, rabbits, mice, fish, frogs, pigs, flies, worms, bacteria, yeast, etc. And of course Axolotls! They have also created fluorescent plants.

NOTE: Axolotls should not be exposed to ultraviolet/blue/black lighting for more than a few minutes because it can cause stress and health problems.

Old 1st May 2015   #22 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 4
Rep: Bette has given good advice and informationBette has given good advice and informationBette has given good advice and information
Default Re: GFP Axolotl Eggs For Sale!

I have another batch of eggs from my two beautiful GFP axolotls! Laid 4/30/15!

Mother(Luna) is GFP albino with iridophores on the gill stalks and father(Solano) is a super sparkly GFP golden albino(also with sparkles on the gill stalks of course). They are both absolutely adorable with long beautiful gill stalks.

Flat rates(which include both the eggs *AND* the shipping!):
1-30 eggs + priority shipping= $25*
31- 50 eggs + priority shipping= $35*
51-75 eggs + priority shipping= $40*
76-100 eggs + priority shipping= $45*
101-200 eggs + priority shipping = $65*
201+ *Contact to discuss rates*

Tags
axolotl eggs, for sale, gfp, golden albino, white albino

LinkBack