The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Fairy moss, dwarf water lettuce, spider plants - sale or trade

This is a discussion on Fairy moss, dwarf water lettuce, spider plants - sale or trade within the FS: USA forums, part of the For Sale, Give-Away or Trade category; Hellooooo. Everybody Any one out there looking for some super healthy fairy moss? Maybe some silver dollar sized drawf water ...

FS: USA For US Caudata.org users wishing to sell/give away/trade within the US.

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By BabySinclair
  • 1 Post By birdsong
  • 1 Post By silversamhain
  • 1 Post By seagull
  • 2 Post By BabySinclair
  • 1 Post By BabySinclair
  • 1 Post By BabySinclair

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th April 2015   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 5
Comments: 8
Rep: BabySinclair has shown reliable knowledgeBabySinclair has shown reliable knowledge
Default Fairy moss, dwarf water lettuce, spider plants - sale or trade

Hellooooo. Everybody

Any one out there looking for some super healthy fairy moss? Maybe some silver dollar sized drawf water lettuce? I am being totally overrun by the fairy moss and would like to unload the whole 20 gal full.... I like the stuff, but it's heck on my canister filter.
So here is the deal, I'm looking for plants.. Java moss mostly. But I'm easy if you have other plants that may work for me. Speak up.
Anyways, I need plants for my axolotl paludarium. Picture of the paludarium are in my photo gallery/album thingy here on caudata.

Lmk if you wanna trade!
Tori

Also, I have spider plants babies. These are baby plants that have come from a 50 year old mother plant.

BabySinclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2015   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: BabySinclair has shown reliable knowledgeBabySinclair has shown reliable knowledge

Click the image to open in full size.

I'd even be willing to part with seem moneywart

__________________________________________________ _______
When asked: Why?
Because I couldn't stop at just one dammit!!!

Old 19th April 2015   #3 (permalink)
Axolotl Enthusiast

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: birdsong has started on the right path
Default Re: Fairy moss, dwarf water lettuce, spider plants - sale or trade

I have a daphnia culture I would trade also some cambomba ? Plants I can send you pics email birdsong2323@gmail.com or text 4107773020 text is quickest

birdsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2015   #4 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: silversamhain is an unknown quantity at this point

Definitely interested in all mentioned!

I have Amazon sword babies and Java moss if you wanted to trade for a bit.

silversamhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2015   #5 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 1
Rep: seagull is an unknown quantity at this point

can any of these plants be used in axolotl or fbt tanks? if i had bred fbts this year i coulda offered their toadlets as trade
i do have axie juvies and various lepidopterans or i could just buy some plants outright
theyre snail free right??

seagull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2015   #6 (permalink)

Nationality:

Sorry it's taken me so long to respond! I started binge watching the latest season of "Vikings" and then started working on "game of thrones" lol
Seriously gave for some strange dreams

I hope this isn't "too much info" I just want you to be warned about the fairy moss

I almost forgot, I used to have duckweed, but since the fairy moss literally took over - I don't see much if any duck weed at all. But just in case, be warned there may be a surviving duckweed in the moss. I will pull any I see if you don't like duck weed.

Let me be honest with you on the fairy moss, if your using anything but a sponge filter, don't do it. Not unless you don't mind constantly rinsing out the canister filters or any kind of impeller style filter for that matter. Don't do it lol. You could use a pre filter, but even then I was cleaning it every day! I love the way it looks, it's even an inch deep in some spots on/in the water. I had to put it in its own tank in the green house. But the roots on these things, Omg man! It's growing beautifully in perfectly still waters. It seems to grow fairly fast and apparently has a fairly high light requirement - they need full sun to get it to stay red. I might be wrong, but I don't think it would be good for an axolotl tank do to light requirements. It was getting fed a daily dose of Axi poop. Turkey basters are so handy! But now I'm using the Axi poop to cycle there new Axi home :-)

Also, when it covers the entire top of the water, it makes feeding a huge hassle. The roots grip ANYTHING that moves Out of the water. I hand feed my axolotls, so my arm would come out covered. I even tried making air line tubing hoops and sewed on netting to keep it in place - that was a joke... However, I've seen it grow beautifully on soggy ground. So long as the roots stay wet, it'll grow. But again, it's messy.

I don't know about the fbt's and fairy moss.. Never had one
I imagine it would stick all over him when he gets out of water. I think having fairy moss roots would suck if they were draped over my eyes and I didn't have hands to wipe it away

I've primarily been feeding the moss to my fish. The tropicals and koi fish love it.
I've got a small batch that I'm trying to get to grow on vertical scrubby sponges to see if I can make a wall out of it. But I still think it's going to be Uber messy.

As far as snails, yes, there might be a renegade red rams horn snail in with the fairy moss, but only in the fairy moss. I will do my very best to pick it clean (I kinda wanna keep the red rams horns, they're Uber pretty!)

I do have Japanese trap door snails but they are not in with the moss. but they are with the money wart and water lettuce. Those are easy to pick off as the seed snails are large. (Trapdoors don't lay eggs) There won't be any renegades of those. Not unless you want some. I breed them and they are totally clean/healthy. I also feed the baby snails to my Kois when I have to many

The money-wart and dwarf water lettuce are totally axolotl safe. I just let the money wart float but it is plantable (has roots) And the water lettuce has long roots as well with at least 1-6 baby plantlets on each mother plants. Water lettuce roots are 2-3 inches long.

The moneywart, if it's a low light aquarium. I'd just let it float. The lotls like resting in/on it.

Now I'm not sure how to properly ship the dwarf water lettuce. When I first got it (40 baby plantlets) over half of it died. But to be honest. I think the seller had Just pulled babies from the mother plant and shipped them, because nothing had any roots. And most of the leaves were yellow. I was actually really disappointed because what I got was nothing like in the picture. I can assure you that these are healthy plants.

I won't ship the plants on wet paper towel. They don't seem to survive (that's how my water lettuce came) So all plants will be bagged in vaccu seal bags with water and co2 and then sent priority (less stress and darkness for the plants.... (Yes, plants get stressed lol)

The entire batch of fairy moss will cost me about $11. To ship priority in a medium flat rate box. I'd be willing to spend 20.$ on shipping, but must be a fair trade.

I can ship a 10x10 inch section of dwarf water lettuce for about $6.00 in a small flat rate box.

Honestly, I'd only like to trade with about 2-3 people, otherwise shipping is going to get expensive for me. Also, I'll only ship Monday or Tuesday.

So, let me know if you are still interested. Pm me, that way I'll get a notification on my phone and I can get back to you ASAP.

Old 21st April 2015   #7 (permalink)

Nationality:

By way, I have close to 50 ounces of fairy moss..

Old 24th April 2015   #8 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Firebelly9 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey I would be interested in buyin some from you since I don't got nothing to trade lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firebelly9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2015   #9 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Dugnbeck has shown reliable knowledge

I didn't realize you could grow spider plants in water! Are they safe for Axolotls?

Rebecca

Dugnbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2015   #10 (permalink)

Nationality:

Well, you can't actually totally submerse them. The leaves have to be out of the water. I usually make styrofoam disks that often come with food packaging. I make circles big enough to hold the spider plant up right. Then I cut a small center hole big enough for the roots to slip in. Then just let your plant float around blocking out light for your bottom dwellers. When the plant gets too big, make a bigger disk, when its way to big for the aquarium, throw it in a pot with some dirt and wait for the baby spider plants to start taking over 😜
But for the most part, I use the SPs as marginal plants, keeping the roots in water.
They are surprisingly great at sucking up those nitrates as are the DWL. The one tank is always at 0ppm!!

Here is my new Axolotl tank that I just built and am waiting for it to finish cycling. Pay no attention to the dirty glass. My bubbler and O.c.d. Have come to an agreement. 😎 😄
Anyways, this is how I'm using some of my spiders :)

Old 8th September 2015   #11 (permalink)

Nationality:

It's time to clean off the top of my tanks.... I have WAAAAAAYYYYYYY too much dwarf water lettuce, full size water lettuce, salvinia and red Root floaters!!! If your interested in any, PM me

10.00 sample of everything. Shipping included

Dwarf water lettuce. Root are anywhere from 1 inch long to 2 feet long. I have TONNNNNNS!!!

If anyone is interested, let me know. I will create a listing on my etsy, and you can purchase from there.

I have enough plants to cover close to 6, 55 gal aquariums.... If your local, pick up is free....

Old 8th September 2015   #12 (permalink)

Nationality:

Is this gonna post? If an moderator has to approve my last post. Would you please remove this one?
Thanks!

Old 9th September 2015   #13 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: B3llaax3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you still have the 10.00 sample of everything? Im interested in some

B3llaax3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2015   #14 (permalink)

Nationality:

I will happily fill a priority medium flat rate full of plants for 20.00

Old 9th September 2015   #15 (permalink)

Nationality:

all the plants that I'm am offering are grown in my greenhouse and not grown with fish. They are grown with Daphina, fairy shrimp, clam shrimp and black worms. I will also say that all the plants have leopard spotted Rams horn snails, cherry red, and bright orange. I am not willing to sell the snails until the weather cools off. No one likes steamed Escargot :-). However, I expect sure you'll get some renegades....
The more plants you buy, the more you get.
I will pack as much as I can into a Prioroty small flat rate box for 10.00,
Same as the medium no large flat rate box.
Just tell me what you want. Btw, red root floaters are going fast!!!

Old 12th September 2015   #16 (permalink)

Nationality:

Only 2, sample boxes with red root floaters left. Once the red roots are gone, I will double up the amount of dwl. :-)
Btw, azzola is almost gone too.

I have tons of water lettuce to go around....
A packed medium flat rate box is 16.00
And I will do large flat rate at 22.00

If you know the cost of priority shipping, you can see I'm not trying to make any money. I just want to pay for gas, shipping supplies and shipping itself. End of summer, all these plants have Got to go! Due to a massive wind storm two weeks ago and current health reasons, there is no way I can replace the roof on my green house. So to try and keep it warm in the winter would be silly... Unless we have a warm winter
I at least expect my bog/pond plants to be fine.

Oh yeah, I have some Marsala floating 4 leaf clover. Looks great in paludarium and semi terrestrial. If the water is too shallow, it will grow straight up into little clovers poking out of the water. They're super cute! Oh, and they grow great in mud too. That's actually how I winter them. My pond tends to freeze solid..... But I also have these in my paludarium, they don't seem to care about any lighting conditions, and love Lotl poop lol

Old 13th September 2015   #17 (permalink)

Nationality:

Also, I would be willing to trade a sample box for like, 5 or 7 frogbit plants

Old 13th September 2015   #18 (permalink)

Nationality:

This is the last sample pack with red root floaters. It hasn't been reserved for anyone.
First come, first serve.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/2478813..._home_active_1

Old 14th September 2015   #19 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: AguamigosTexas has started on the right path

Me, please! These plants look beautiful and all I have for my new tank is boring old java fern!

Old 16th September 2015   #20 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Comments: 4
Rep: Bette has given good advice and informationBette has given good advice and informationBette has given good advice and information

Your plants are beautiful! Love the pics!!!

LinkBack