The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Five year old adult male: wildtype, proven, jerk

This is a discussion on Five year old adult male: wildtype, proven, jerk within the FS: USA forums, part of the For Sale, Give-Away or Trade category; Mulder was my first axolotl, the child of two lab rescues, hatched December of 2011. I raised him from an ...

FS: USA For US Caudata.org users wishing to sell/give away/trade within the US.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kilolotlkeeper

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd May 2016   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 3
Comments: 0
Rep: Hollystark is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Five year old adult male: wildtype, proven, jerk

Click the image to open in full size.

Mulder was my first axolotl, the child of two lab rescues, hatched December of 2011. I raised him from an inch long, he's now almost a foot. The only problem is he regularly refuses food when he's stressed, and I'm moving to the other side of the country.

I just got him back up to a satisfactory weight after I redid my whole aquarium setup. After months of pampering and daily offerings of multiple food types, he's back on worms, eating fairly regularly, with a 35 gallon pond all to himself.

I'm not prepared to put him through a 3000 mile move, so I'm looking for a home for him on the East Coast. He comes with the pond: free-standing black resin with blue and white sand at the bottom so you can actually find him.

He'll eat from your hand or search out food, and will eat small worms or pellets (or krill, but not beef heart and not big worms). He's sired many children, all of whom have been stunning--super yellow golden albinos and wildtypes with lots of iridophores.

I live in Montgomery County, Maryland. I'm prepared to drive pretty much a whole day to get him a new home without shipping him, I have a pickup truck so bringing the pond is no issue.

Hollystark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2016   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Kilolotlkeeper is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollystark View Post
Click the image to open in full size.

Mulder was my first axolotl, the child of two lab rescues, hatched December of 2011. I raised him from an inch long, he's now almost a foot. The only problem is he regularly refuses food when he's stressed, and I'm moving to the other side of the country.

I just got him back up to a satisfactory weight after I redid my whole aquarium setup. After months of pampering and daily offerings of multiple food types, he's back on worms, eating fairly regularly, with a 35 gallon pond all to himself.

I'm not prepared to put him through a 3000 mile move, so I'm looking for a home for him on the East Coast. He comes with the pond: free-standing black resin with blue and white sand at the bottom so you can actually find him.

He'll eat from your hand or search out food, and will eat small worms or pellets (or krill, but not beef heart and not big worms). He's sired many children, all of whom have been stunning--super yellow golden albinos and wildtypes with lots of iridophores.

I live in Montgomery County, Maryland. I'm prepared to drive pretty much a whole day to get him a new home without shipping him, I have a pickup truck so bringing the pond is no issue.

How much are you asking for him??? I live right here in sc, I own two axolotls and a leopard gecko and am very willing to take him in as I'm trying to start a breeding project and would also love a new friend 🤗

Kilolotlkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axolotl, for sale, male axolotl, rehoming

LinkBack