The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

T. granulosa

This is a discussion on T. granulosa within the FS: USA forums, part of the For Sale, Give-Away or Trade category; I am not sure if this is the correct area to place this thread.... It is with great sadness and ...

FS: USA For US Caudata.org users wishing to sell/give away/trade within the US.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By rivkah

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th September 2016   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: rivkah has shown reliable knowledge
Default T. granulosa

I am not sure if this is the correct area to place this thread....

It is with great sadness and a heavy heart that I must find a home for a pair of T. granulosa.

I purchased this pair from a vendor at a local rept show about 4 years ago.(I have not seen them since) I know nothing of their history before that, but I believe that they were wild caught. The last group of these that I kept lived to almost 17-18 years... so 4+ are not "old".

They are currently living happily in a well planted 90g (48x24x18), half full of water, along with assorted small fish and african knives. And are eating primarily frozen blood worms and will devour live black worms with gusto. I have not been able to get them to eat much else on a regular basis. Although I have seen mating and eggs, I have done nothing to save any potential offspring.

I should add that I generally under filter my tanks: using a small sponge filter and an air stone.

Ideally, I would prefer that they are picked up instead of mailed. And I am willing to split some of the (reasonable) distance. I live near Pittsburgh, PA.

I am not sure what else to add -- of course, if anyone should have any questions, please feel free to ask. And if someone could instruct me as to how to add pictures - I will get some.

If anyone might be interested in this fat and sassy pair, let me know.

Thank you

Rivkah

rivkah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2016   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: TiaW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: T. granulosa

Are these the only 2 you own? Why are you selling?

What are the sex and what makes you want to sell them?

I'm interested but how much? unfortunately I live in florida so idk if shipping is fine with you. Also they would have to downsize to a 20gallon tank. My current notos are living happily in their tank also a 20 gallon and I have another 20 gallon that I would put them in. Lastly, what the sex of the pair? A make and a female? Or not sure? Also to post a pic reply then scroll down to "attach files" highlighted in blue, click on "manage attachments", choose file and upload, click "close window" and you'll see the attached photos highlighted in green under the area where you previously saw "attach files" highlighted in blue. Then submit reply as usual. I attached pics of my newts just because I had to do it myself to make sure I gave you detailed correct instructions lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160910_122710.jpg (71.9 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg 20160901_095009.jpg (75.2 KB, 80 views)

TiaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2016   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Blackstar65 has started on the right path
Default Re: T. granulosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivkah View Post
I am not sure if this is the correct area to place this thread....

It is with great sadness and a heavy heart that I must find a home for a pair of T. granulosa.

I purchased this pair from a vendor at a local rept show about 4 years ago.(I have not seen them since) I know nothing of their history before that, but I believe that they were wild caught. The last group of these that I kept lived to almost 17-18 years... so 4+ are not "old".

They are currently living happily in a well planted 90g (48x24x18), half full of water, along with assorted small fish and african knives. And are eating primarily frozen blood worms and will devour live black worms with gusto. I have not been able to get them to eat much else on a regular basis. Although I have seen mating and eggs, I have done nothing to save any potential offspring.

I should add that I generally under filter my tanks: using a small sponge filter and an air stone.

Ideally, I would prefer that they are picked up instead of mailed. And I am willing to split some of the (reasonable) distance. I live near Pittsburgh, PA.

I am not sure what else to add -- of course, if anyone should have any questions, please feel free to ask. And if someone could instruct me as to how to add pictures - I will get some.

If anyone might be interested in this fat and sassy pair, let me know.

Thank you

Rivkah
If you still have them when hamburg occures will buy them.

Blackstar65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2016   #4 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Fumanchu is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: T. granulosa

I would definitely love to have them since i had one as a kid.

Fumanchu is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack