The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Handbook on Himalayan Salamander, Stansizewski: "Mantellas" in time for Christmas

This is a discussion on Handbook on Himalayan Salamander, Stansizewski: "Mantellas" in time for Christmas within the FS: USA forums, part of the For Sale, Give-Away or Trade category; Handbook on Himalayan Salamander I have a couple of copies of this brief but reasonably thorough book, brand new from ...

FS: USA For US Caudata.org users wishing to sell/give away/trade within the US.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th December 2016   #1 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 8
Rep: FrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.org
Default Handbook on Himalayan Salamander, Stansizewski: "Mantellas" in time for Christmas

Handbook on Himalayan Salamander

I have a couple of copies of this brief but reasonably thorough book, brand new from the publisher. Ostensibly, it's a very inexpensive book, but it seems to only be available from India, which adds greatly to cost through shipping. The book deals specifically with the biology of Tylototriton himalayanum [identified as T.verrucosus at the time of publication] in Darjeeling, West Bengal, India. This species also occurs in Nepal to the west, Sikkim to the north, and probably is the species in Bhutan to the northeast. There is a fair amount of detail on reproduction, habits, diet, etc. There is a range map with dot localities for all of India, and a number of decent animal and habitat photos. I am asking $23 each, including basic postage within the USA, additional postage to Canada to be determined as needed. This is a modest profit, as international shipping is many times the cost of the book. Payment through PayPal is preferred, but I will entertain trades of eggs or animals of this genus or its Asian relatives.

Please contact me here. I am located in southern Minnesota. Regular mail shipping is included within the USA and Canada, and typically takes under a week to arrive [usually 2-3 days].

Mantellas [Marc Staniszewski]

I have several brand new, some sealed, copies of this Chimaira book on the species and husbandry of this spectacular genus of frog. I am willing to sell ONE unsealed copy, basic air shipping to anywhere in the world included, for what I think is the 'right' offer. I used to sell this for $65 Canadian, $40 something USD. You'll have to look it up and decide how hard you want to try to get it! Any additional copies I sell likely will cost much more!

FrogEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2016   #2 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 8
Rep: FrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.org
Default Re: Handbook on Himalayan Salamander, Stansizewski: "Mantellas" in time for Christmas

I meant to note that I have ten of my own photos in this book. Figure 31 on page 41 [full page Mantella cf. viridis] is incorrectly credited and is mine. Figure 107 on page 132 [hybrid Mantella] is also incorrectly credited, and is NOT mine.

FrogEyes is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack