The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Swap - 2 young white axolotls for you, 1 wild type for me Seattle, WA, USA

This is a discussion on Swap - 2 young white axolotls for you, 1 wild type for me Seattle, WA, USA within the FS: USA forums, part of the For Sale, Give-Away or Trade category; Prefer to straight up swap, but also willing to sell you two of mine for about the cost Ill pay ...

FS: USA For US Caudata.org users wishing to sell/give away/trade within the US.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st January 2017   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: IWishIWasAFish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Swap - 2 young white axolotls for you, 1 wild type for me Seattle, WA, USA

Prefer to straight up swap, but also willing to sell you two of mine for about the cost Ill pay to buy one wild type from someone local.

I live just east of Seattle, WA, USA. I can drive an hour or so easily on the weekend to meet you. I am clueless about shipping, but if I dont get a local reply within a week of posting Ill be willing to be instructed.

Im a long time aquarist, who jumped at the chance a few months ago to adopt free baby axolotls from another teacher in Lynnwood, WA, USA. They were from eggs her axolotls laid, and I suspect they were the products of inbreeding, but they do appear healthy. I took 3 babies, concerned for the likely mortality rate. Turns out all three are absolutely thriving in my 1st-4th grade classroom, and three is too many, and we dont want inbred offspring. So, I would like to swap two of them for a single wild type axolotl. The different color seems like a great introduction to genetics. Mine appear to be the white variety, as shown on the axolotl.org website. Not albino, and not glow in the dark, just white with a dusting of greyish on the top of head and upper backs and pink gills. I want to replace two of them with one that looks different, preferably a wild type.

They are a few months old, maybe 5-6 inches long, totally tame and excited about being hand fed a variety of foods. They love their planted 30 gallon tank and live peacefully together. There are two larger and one smaller one. The smallest came to us missing a hind foot and most of a forefoot, but theyve grown back perfectly. Probably was small from failing to compete well for food after being chomped by a sibling. We think the largest might be a female, due to the recent development of a plump belly in comparison to the other two. Which also caused me to realize its high time I got the others out of there.

You are welcome to any two of the three we have. We love them all. Im torn between the desire to breed them, and the desire for a simple life, so Im fine with ending up with two of the same or different sex. The kids would of course prefer we end up with a breeding pair.

IWishIWasAFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2017   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: RupertxGiles has shown reliable knowledge
Default Re: Swap - 2 young white axolotls for you, 1 wild type for me Seattle, WA, USA

pming u

RupertxGiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2017   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: IWishIWasAFish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Swap - 2 young white axolotls for you, 1 wild type for me Seattle, WA, USA

Swap in progress, thanks everyone! :-)

IWishIWasAFish is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack