The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Eggs anyone?

This is a discussion on Eggs anyone? within the FS: USA forums, part of the For Sale, Give-Away or Trade category; I have a pair of Triturus cristatus who are actively breeding. I am getting quite a few eggs and am ...

FS: USA For US Caudata.org users wishing to sell/give away/trade within the US.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd May 2007   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 3
Comments: 0
Rep: audrey is a mainstay of Caudata.orgaudrey is a mainstay of Caudata.orgaudrey is a mainstay of Caudata.orgaudrey is a mainstay of Caudata.orgaudrey is a mainstay of Caudata.orgaudrey is a mainstay of Caudata.orgaudrey is a mainstay of Caudata.org
Red face Eggs anyone?

I have a pair of Triturus cristatus who are actively breeding. I am getting quite a few eggs and am not set up at this time to raise young. I would be willing to ship these to someone for the price of shipping. I can make no guarantees for survival rate, but there are quite a few eggs.

I may also have eggs from my Taricha granulosa in the near future since they are also actively mating.

If anyone is interested, just let me know, thanks, Audrey

audrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2007   #2 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 204
Comments: 118
Rep: John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)
Question

Have you got any photos of the adult cristatus?

Old 24th May 2007   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Rep: aquatico has started on the right path

I sent you a pm. Thanks! Don

aquatico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2007   #4 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: audrey is a mainstay of Caudata.orgaudrey is a mainstay of Caudata.orgaudrey is a mainstay of Caudata.orgaudrey is a mainstay of Caudata.orgaudrey is a mainstay of Caudata.orgaudrey is a mainstay of Caudata.orgaudrey is a mainstay of Caudata.org

I can take some photos tonight and post them tomorrow.
I did not know that so many people would be interested in these eggs. I have another female that should be ready to introduce to the male soon (I've had her in a separate tank to make sure she was healthy after I bought her) and maybe I will get some more eggs.

Old 24th May 2007   #5 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 6
Comments: 3
Rep: t_summ is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgt_summ is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgt_summ is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgt_summ is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgt_summ is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgt_summ is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgt_summ is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgt_summ is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

I sent a PM as well. I hope i can get some!!

t_summ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2007   #6 (permalink)

Nationality:

Well, I was really worried when these newts started laying eggs because I didn't know what to do with them and I don't have the time to raise them right now, however, at this point all that worry is gone. I have had more responses than I thought possible. I will contact everyone in the order that they responded to my post with the eggs that I have and as she continues to lay them. Thank you so much, Audrey
Here are some pictures of the couples:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg crestednewts1.jpg (99.2 KB, 157 views)
File Type: jpg crestednewts2.jpg (153.8 KB, 123 views)
File Type: jpg crestednewts3.jpg (141.6 KB, 108 views)
File Type: jpg crestednewts4.jpg (143.5 KB, 98 views)
File Type: jpg yellowbellies1.jpg (92.3 KB, 104 views)
File Type: jpg yellowbellies2.jpg (98.7 KB, 88 views)
File Type: jpg yellowbellies4.jpg (154.8 KB, 88 views)

Old 16th July 2007   #7 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: ragon has started on the right path

i was interested in the Taricha granulosa. please let me know when they hatch because i may be interested in buying a few. i would also like to know what state you live in and the shipping it would cost.thanks

ragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2007   #8 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: chris_dishmon has given good advice and informationchris_dishmon has given good advice and information

<-------very interested in some t. gran eggs.

chris_dishmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2007   #9 (permalink)

Nationality:

If everything continues to go well, I should have juvies for sale in Oct, maybe Nov. I am no longer shipping eggs because it seems that the casuality rate is too high.

Old 17th July 2007   #10 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 6
Comments: 3
Rep: t_summ is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgt_summ is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgt_summ is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgt_summ is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgt_summ is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgt_summ is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgt_summ is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgt_summ is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by audrey View Post
If everything continues to go well, I should have juvies for sale in Oct, maybe Nov. I am no longer shipping eggs because it seems that the casuality rate is too high.
Good call... I hope that works out better for the little guys and gals. Don't forget about me when they are ready to leave the nest. :)

t_summ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2007   #11 (permalink)
Field Herper

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 2
Comments: 4
Rep: fishkeeper is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgfishkeeper is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgfishkeeper is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgfishkeeper is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgfishkeeper is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgfishkeeper is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgfishkeeper is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgfishkeeper is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgfishkeeper is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

Are you willing to trade when you have cristatus juvies? The males are stunning!

fishkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2007   #12 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 204
Comments: 118
Rep: John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by audrey View Post
I am no longer shipping eggs because it seems that the casuality rate is too high.
That's why I didn't ask you to send them to Texas - newt eggs + summer time = dead newt eggs.

Tags
eggs

LinkBack