The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Axolotls in Florida

This is a discussion on Axolotls in Florida within the FS: USA forums, part of the For Sale, Give-Away or Trade category; Hi guys! Some of you may have seen my posts about my first attempt at raising axolotls from eggs. Quite ...

FS: USA For US Caudata.org users wishing to sell/give away/trade within the US.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd August 2007   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: kiwitwist has started on the right path
Default Axolotls in Florida

Hi guys! Some of you may have seen my posts about my first attempt at raising axolotls from eggs. Quite an experience! At this point, I still have 18, and they are a little over 3 months old, and most are around 6 cm long. I'm starting to look for new homes for some of these little guys. As I have raised them all by hand, in individual containers, and spent a good two hours with them most every day changing their water and feeding them, I'd like to see them go to good homes. They are all currently eating frozen bloodworms, I haven't gotten them on pellets yet. All are doing wonderfully, except for one, who's growth seems to be stunted, for some reason. I want this to be pickup only, as I don't want to risk these precious babies dying in the mail. I am currently in Tallahassee, Florida, but will be going to Boca Raton, Florida in the next week for a week or two.

My digital camera decided to not turn on when I went to take pics of them the other day.. But I have light colored ones and wild types. Not sure if the lighter ones are golden or white albinos. If you'd like some older pics, there is a thread in the axolotl larvae section of the forums. =)

Please e-mail me at kiwitwist721@msn.com if interested.

kiwitwist is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axolotls, florida

LinkBack