The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Free N. v. dorsalis eggs

This is a discussion on Free N. v. dorsalis eggs within the FS: USA forums, part of the For Sale, Give-Away or Trade category; My two female Notophthalmus viridescens dorsalis (broken-striped newts) are laying eggs. I simply don't have the time or resources to ...

FS: USA For US Caudata.org users wishing to sell/give away/trade within the US.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th October 2008   #1 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 23
Comments: 0
Rep: slowfoot is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgslowfoot is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgslowfoot is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgslowfoot is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgslowfoot is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgslowfoot is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgslowfoot is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgslowfoot is considered an Authority at Caudata.org
Default Free N. v. dorsalis eggs

My two female Notophthalmus viridescens dorsalis (broken-striped newts) are laying eggs. I simply don't have the time or resources to invest in trying to raise them again this year, so I'm trying to give them away. The parents are WC animals that I've had for many years.

Warning: I can't guarantee that the eggs will arrive alive or will do well for you. Trying to raise this species has been heartbreaking for me in the past The eft stage is incredibly fragile and can last for years. I'd probably recommend them for experienced keepers only. Please know what you're getting into.

Having said that, the adults are fun and active newts, and they aren't readily available in the pet trade like they used to be. I'd love to see these eggs go to good homes.

The eggs are laid singly at a pretty rapid pace (~5 a day), so it might take a little while to get enough to make mailing worthwhile. I'll probably try mailing them out in groups of 10, but I've never done this before so I might have to adjust some things along the way. I'll pay for regular Priority Mail through USPS. If you'd like some other, more expensive option, like overnight, just let me know and we can work out payment.

If you're interested or have any questions, just drop me a note at bluefootedb [at] gmail.com or send me a pm here.

slowfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2008   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Rep: piscaphile has started on the right path
Default Re: Free N. v. dorsalis eggs

I would be anctious to try this species. Please P.M. me with your response when eggs are available.

Mark S.

piscaphile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2008   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Rep: antcatcher11 has shown reliable knowledge

Can I have some? I am not really all that experienced with any caudata though so I don't want to force you or anything.

antcatcher11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2008   #4 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 23
Rep: slowfoot is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgslowfoot is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgslowfoot is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgslowfoot is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgslowfoot is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgslowfoot is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgslowfoot is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgslowfoot is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

Eggs are spoken for... for now. I'll probably have more later. Thanks!

slowfoot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dorsalis, eggs, free

LinkBack