The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Golden Axie Eggs Available

This is a discussion on Golden Axie Eggs Available within the FS: USA forums, part of the For Sale, Give-Away or Trade category; My pair of axies, Sloppy Joe & Peanut, have done it again. I have about 100 golden axie eggs available. ...

FS: USA For US Caudata.org users wishing to sell/give away/trade within the US.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th May 2010   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 1
Rep: shoegal has shown reliable knowledge
Red face Golden Axie Eggs Available

My pair of axies, Sloppy Joe & Peanut, have done it again.

I have about 100 golden axie eggs available. They were laid last Friday, May 7th. The eggs are free, but I would like to be reimbursed for the shipping via Pay Pal. My address is mekottke@yahoo.com. I would prefer to ship via UPS Ground using www.shipyouraquatics.com. The shipping cost will be about $8.

Please PM if interested. If these eggs are anything like the last batch, the babies will be gorgeous and very healthy!

shoegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2010   #2 (permalink)
2010 Research Grant Donor

Nationality:
Comments: 0
Rep: Shizeric is a mainstay of Caudata.orgShizeric is a mainstay of Caudata.orgShizeric is a mainstay of Caudata.orgShizeric is a mainstay of Caudata.orgShizeric is a mainstay of Caudata.orgShizeric is a mainstay of Caudata.orgShizeric is a mainstay of Caudata.org
Default Re: Golden Axie Eggs Available

More eggs?! Why am I not surprised?

As for Sloppy Joe's and Peanut's offspring, they are truly magnificent. Mariah sent me 3 of her yellowest baby Axies, and they are incredible.

Shizeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2010   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:

I know!

I find it incredible that only a few days after completing an 18-hour drive from TX to WI, Sloppy Joe was in the mood to lay some eggs.

She is unstoppable! : )

Old 10th May 2010   #4 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Rep: Mac Myers has given good advice and informationMac Myers has given good advice and information

Though tempted, I'm terrified by the prospect of an attempted hatching. Especially since your animals are so nice. I loved to hear about their adoptions and ongoing progress however.

Old 11th May 2010   #5 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 5
Rep: dragonlady is a mainstay of Caudata.orgdragonlady is a mainstay of Caudata.orgdragonlady is a mainstay of Caudata.orgdragonlady is a mainstay of Caudata.orgdragonlady is a mainstay of Caudata.orgdragonlady is a mainstay of Caudata.orgdragonlady is a mainstay of Caudata.org

Okay, now they're just showing off!!

Hope you're done unpacking!

dragonlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2010   #6 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: chrisf is an unknown quantity at this point

I have 4 of Mariah's babies from their last spawn. Thank you Mariah!...They are growing up quite beautifully too! Two are white albino and two are yellow albino, each one looking a little different from each other. They are about 4mo. old now. Thanks again.................

chrisf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2010   #7 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: christen525 is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't believe it!! Actually, I do. lol

I have two of Mariah's golden axies and they are big, beautiful and YELLOW. Not to mention healthy.

I am very tempted to raise some eggs, hmmm, let me convince my husband and I'll let you know.

christen525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2010   #8 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: DemonsAngel999 has given good advice and informationDemonsAngel999 has given good advice and information

I would love to give a few of your eggs a home. I have sent you a PM, and happily await your response. I know it'll be a while because they are in high demand. Hope to talk to you soon.

Old 24th June 2010   #9 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Sean1364 has a given some bad advice or info, or has behaved inappropriately

Just throwing it out there that if they do it YET AGAIN, I'm interested in some gold Axolotl. Two, to be exact.

Sean1364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2010   #10 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Wolferic has shown reliable knowledge

If it were possible i would love some eggs.. But sadly I live in Canada...Can't a guy catch a break??? I Have been begging people for some time now in Canada to seel me eggs? or Axolotols and Nada.. meanwhile back in the USA and the UK people are giving them away like Candy.. Life isn't Fair lol..

Wolferic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2010   #11 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Tiffanymac has started on the right path

Wolferic ~ Not sure where abouts you are in Canada (it's a big place! lol!) BUT! I live VERRRRRY close to the border in NY.... Three bridges to choose from, to be exact!

Tiffanymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2010   #12 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 45
Comments: 62
Rep: Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11

Just a note, Axolotls are listed on Appendix II of the CITES act. It is against Federal law to transport them internationally without the appropriate permits.

Kaysie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2010   #13 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Tiffanymac has started on the right path

OK, scrap that idea unless you want to break the law!

Tiffanymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2010   #14 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: jjay88 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am very interested in obtaining pure golden albino axies. Do you have any axies or juveniles left?

jjay88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2010   #15 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 19
Comments: 2
Rep: Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

Yeah well...good luck, golden albinos are anything but pure.

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions.

Non Timetis Messor.
Azhael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2010   #16 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: CindyLFine is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, I'm new to axy's but would love to start with hatching my own babies, I am cycling a 33 gallon tank now, sand, live plants, painted foam water cascade so there is no "current" I got the instructions on terra forming from this site. Temps are right.. I have read up here on hatching, feeding, growing food and capturing/ feeding worms.. my local pet store has frozen bloodworms and brine shrimp for our winter season... I have a room dedicated to babies and their housing. My tank will be a divider between my kitchen and living room; So you know I'll be a good mom to my new babies. I am in Alaska so will pay for fast "3 day" shipping. Hope to hear from you soon, And begin my new adventure..........Now agout getting those eggs...

CindyLFine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2010   #17 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 97
Comments: 46
Rep: Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11

Cindy, are you sure that axolotls are legal as pets in AK? I've been looking at state regs for various restrictive states recently, and it appears that AK allows reptiles, but not amphibians.
Scientific/Educational Permit Policy/Requirements, Alaska Department of Fish and Game
If you have any info beyond what is online, it would be great if you could post it in the Laws and legality section of the forum.

Old 27th July 2010   #18 (permalink)
2010 Research Grant Donor

Nationality:
Rep: michael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

I've sent axolotls to Alaska with no problems. Salamanders are covered under fish in Alaska. The answer is a little vague but I think it means the guy just told me axolotls are o.k. in Alaska.

Good afternoon,

I hope this finds you well.

Amphibians are classified as fish in Alaska. Right now, it is legal to keep only ‘ornamental fish’ as pets. We have no definitive list of what is allowed to be imported but make the call in each situation presented to us. Ornamental fish must be ‘tropical’ in origin and cannot survive under Alaskan conditions. Further, because accidental releases do happen, amphibians imported may not be known carriers of diseases of concern. For example, bullfrogs and African clawed frogs are generally prohibited species: they are only allowed to be imported for research purposes via a fish resource permit as they can carry the chytrid fungus and rana virus.

I can find nothing on the web that suggests the aquatic salamander you want to import should be prohibited as it is considered to be a tropical species. Please understand that it can never be released into the waters of Alaska and that aquarium effluent should be disinfected before discharge into a sewage treatment system.

I suggest you contact the USFWS about moving your salamander across state lines to make sure such transports is legal. I did come across something that suggested the salamander is endangered in its home range which could bring an International treaty into play.

Thanks for contacting us and please do again if you have questions.

Sincerely,

Bob

Box 115526, 1255 W. 8th Street
Juneau, AK 99811-5526
(907) 465-6109 phone (907) 465-2772 fax
robert.piorkowski@alaska.gov

michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2010   #19 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 97
Comments: 46
Rep: Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11

Thanks Michael, I would like to copy your post over to the Laws and legality section of the forum. Good to know.

Old 30th July 2010   #20 (permalink)

Nationality:

Hello,
I wanted to give an update on this thread.

I do not currently have any golden axie eggs available, but I do have six beautiful 6-7 inch long golden albino juveniles (pure white & bright yellow) that need good homes as well as a breeding pair of adult goldens (Sloppy Joe & Peanut). I also have a 20 gallon long tank, 36 gallon bow front, 2 canister filters, 2 mini chillers, and 2 external filters that I would be willing to donate if you were to adopt some of my axies.

I have thoroughly enjoyed breeding and raising axies over the last year, but due to some recent developments in my life I am looking to simplify my current situation. I am not willing to ship my axies during the hot summer months, but I would be willing to drive up to 6 hours to deliver them. I currently live in Appleton, WI

Please PM if you are interested in adopting one of my axies.

Tags
axie, axolotl, egg, eggs

LinkBack