The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

1 wildtype and 2 GFP leucistic axolotls for sale

This is a discussion on 1 wildtype and 2 GFP leucistic axolotls for sale within the FS: USA forums, part of the For Sale, Give-Away or Trade category; The wildtype axolotl is 8.75" , and about 7 months old. I've had him since January. It seems he never ...

FS: USA For US Caudata.org users wishing to sell/give away/trade within the US.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th July 2010   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 10
Rep: electronfusion has started on the right path
Default 1 wildtype and 2 GFP leucistic axolotls for sale

The wildtype axolotl is 8.75", and about 7 months old. I've had him since January. It seems he never fully developed his back legs, so they have a limited range of motion (left one seems to work more than the other), but he still gets around just fine and is otherwise completely healthy and thriving. I'm not entirely sure if this is genetic or environmental (maybe too much ammonia at some critical stage of development?), so for this reason I would require your word that you would keep him out of the gene pool (no breeding!). I'm also selling him for only $40.

Click the image to open in full size.

The other two are GFP leucistic axolotls are siblings, each about 7" in length. They've been bitten up some in the past, but have regrown beautiful, perfect-looking legs and gills. They are not mature just yet so I can't speculate on their genders. I would like $40 for each of them.

Click the image to open in full size.

My preference would be to deliver these myself rather than going through the mail for the welfare of these little critters. I would just need reimbursement for gas, which would depend on the distance I have to drive. So if you live on the West Coast, PM me and I'll get back to you promptly.

electronfusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2010   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 0
Rep: salvysaurus42 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 1 wildtype and 2 GFP leucistic axolotls for sale

Hey what part of the west coast do you live on, so i can see how much shipping would be?

Last edited by Azhael; 19th July 2010 at 14:19.
salvysaurus42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2010   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:

I live in Tahoe, Nevada. As I said, I'd prefer driving them and exchanging that way, but I guess you could calculate the distance between Tahoe and where you live and determine how much gas might be. I get 40mpgin my car. :-)

Old 23rd August 2010   #4 (permalink)

Nationality:

Update: These guys are still for sale, and still growing bigger every day. They're a bargain! Snatch 'em up!

LinkBack