The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

CB '11 N strauchii

This is a discussion on CB '11 N strauchii within the FS: USA forums, part of the For Sale, Give-Away or Trade category; It is looking like I have a few surplus N. strauchii that I am offering. At this time I would ...

FS: USA For US Caudata.org users wishing to sell/give away/trade within the US.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd August 2011   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Tim Robin has given consistently excellent advice and informationTim Robin has given consistently excellent advice and informationTim Robin has given consistently excellent advice and informationTim Robin has given consistently excellent advice and information
Default CB '11 N strauchii

It is looking like I have a few surplus N. strauchii that I am offering. At this time I would like to see them go in groups of 6 to increase chances of potential breeding groups in the future. I am asking $250 for the group of six plus shipping charges. Shipping may have to wait a few weeks depending on temperatures. Contact me ASAP as I only have a few groups to offer. There are a lot of photos of them in the species specific area. Contact me with any questions. Email may be faster, timathybeard@hotmail.com.

Tim Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2011   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: SpaceCadetHayde has shown reliable knowledge
Default Re: CB '11 N strauchii

Hey Tim and Robin,

Although I am interested I don't have the room for a group of six right now. If you are interested in getting rid of a group of 4 at some point, let me know. I've got a slate tile 20L set up that I've been working on specifically for N. Strauchii and have been waiting for some to be available.

Hayden

Old 22nd August 2011   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Tim Robin has given consistently excellent advice and informationTim Robin has given consistently excellent advice and informationTim Robin has given consistently excellent advice and informationTim Robin has given consistently excellent advice and information

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceCadetHayde View Post
Hey Tim and Robin,

Although I am interested I don't have the room for a group of six right now. If you are interested in getting rid of a group of 4 at some point, let me know. I've got a slate tile 20L set up that I've been working on specifically for N. Strauchii and have been waiting for some to be available.

Hayden
Hi Hayden, Just an FYI, I keep my group of 5 adults in a 20L. I am confident you could keep 6 adults in a 20L. Email me, I may be able to help you with the 4 you want if you can't do 6.

Old 22nd August 2011   #4 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 19
Comments: 2
Rep: Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

Do you both mean 20 gallons or are we talking about actual 20 litres? I find 20 litres to be insufficient and inadequate for even a single individual of a small species like any Hypselotriton, let alone for 4 or more adults of a larger species like N.strauchii.

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions.

Non Timetis Messor.
Azhael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2011   #5 (permalink)

Nationality:

Yes I meant a 20 gallon long tank. Sorry for the confusion.

Old 22nd August 2011   #6 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: SpaceCadetHayde has shown reliable knowledge

I also meant a 20 gallon long and could've sworn that when I was replying I actually sent a PM. ha.

Old 23rd August 2011   #7 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 19
Comments: 2
Rep: Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

Im very glad to hear that it was a confusion xDD

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions.

Non Timetis Messor.
Azhael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2011   #8 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: ahritchie has shown reliable knowledgeahritchie has shown reliable knowledge

Tim (others please chime in too) I can't wait to get my group of 4 but cannot help but notice you have had great success with a group of 5 in a 20 gal long....I has me wondering if a group of 6 would be OK for my 29 gal with a Tetra viquarium stream setup with 50/50 land/water? It does an excellent job filtering with 2 filters. Originally I was planning on 4...but 6 does give better mating odds. What's everyone's thoughts: 4 or 6 newts for this tank (sorry for the poor quality cell phone pic)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG00049-20110823-2352.jpg (83.9 KB, 123 views)

ahritchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2011   #9 (permalink)

Nationality:

I am not sure I can help much. You can see photos of my tank in the other thread. My adults rarely move to the land area. If yours follow that tendency, that may not be enough water to support 6 adults. I really like the look of your set up.

Old 26th August 2011   #10 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: kenya_1977 has shown reliable knowledgekenya_1977 has shown reliable knowledge

So, do you have more than one group of 6 available?

kenya_1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2011   #11 (permalink)

Nationality:

At this time I do, but I don't know for how long I will. PM me for more info.

Old 13th September 2011   #12 (permalink)

Nationality:

I still have some available and will consider doing smaller groups. Contact me for more information. Thanks!!

Old 22nd September 2011   #13 (permalink)

Nationality:

This ad is CLOSED. No more available.

LinkBack