The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Live Blackworm Specials for Caudata Members

This is a discussion on Live Blackworm Specials for Caudata Members within the FS: USA forums, part of the For Sale, Give-Away or Trade category; We have ordered a couple times now and both times we have been completely satisfied. Our axolotls are very thankful ...

FS: USA For US Caudata.org users wishing to sell/give away/trade within the US.

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th March 2014   #21 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: ChameleonCans is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Live Blackworm Specials for Caudata Members

We have ordered a couple times now and both times we have been completely satisfied. Our axolotls are very thankful for Eastern Aquatics.

Old 26th March 2014   #22 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: lauren7408 is an unknown quantity at this point

I received my blackworms overnight and they were wiggling and healthy. I would highly recommend using Eastern Aquatics, I will be using them in the future. :)

lauren7408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2014   #23 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Angi is an unknown quantity at this point

Placed my order today... looking forward to their arrival! =)

Old 1st April 2014   #24 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Angi is an unknown quantity at this point

Got my worms today! VERY pleased with the quality and the amount that was shipped to me, will most definitely do business here again!

Some of these worms are CRAZY long haha I have never seen that quality from the place I usually buy them!

Thanks again Craig!

Old 2nd April 2014   #25 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: dklagesse has started on the right path

Got my worms today, still cold even though it is starting to warm up
Super pleased! Will definitely get my worms from here again!! :)

dklagesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2014   #26 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: and0283 is an unknown quantity at this point

Very satisfied with the high quality of his black worms. Will ordering from him from now on

and0283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2014   #27 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Tim Robin has given consistently excellent advice and informationTim Robin has given consistently excellent advice and informationTim Robin has given consistently excellent advice and informationTim Robin has given consistently excellent advice and information

I too am very pleased with a recent order of black worms. They are nice worms. The newts seem to appreciate that!! :-)

Tim Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2014   #28 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: velasco13000 has started on the right path

got my order too...very pleased as well

velasco13000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2014   #29 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: deliriah is an unknown quantity at this point

Another satisfied customer here! And very satisfied salamanders as well!

deliriah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2014   #30 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: eMax is an unknown quantity at this point

Count me in for another favorable review of Eastern Aquatics blackworms. I've ordered from them three times in the past ~6 months, and every time has been great. My axolotls and fish seem to love their blackworms too! Some of the blackworms I have received are nearly as large and robust as some of my young European nightcrawlers, but I'd say most are of average size which is perfect for my baby axolotls. Based on what I've seen, the blackworms still have food in their digestive tracts when I receive them, which causes them to foul the water rather quickly. I rinse them twice a day until the water runs clear until I no longer see solid waste at the bottom of the container everyday (~3-7 days at 10-15*C), at which point I start feeding them to the rest of my critters.

What I think really puts Eastern Aquatics above the rest is their customer service. They've always been incredibly communicative about my order. They regularly ship my order the day they receive it, and I typically receive the worms less than 24 hours later! For my most recent order, the UPS driver apparently thought I had moved out of my house so didn't bother ringing the doorbell to see if I was home (I was). I didn't even realize there was a problem with my order until Craig called me to let me know what was up! He had the whole thing straightened out with the driver in 30 minutes and I got my healthy blackworms later that day in fine shape.

In short, if you're looking for bulk orders of blackworms, I highly recommend Eastern Aquatics.

-Eric

eMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2014   #31 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: velasco13000 has started on the right path

Id like to add another review. I have ordered worms like 5-6 times and they always arrive on time and the worms look really juicy for my newts Hes always willing to go the extra mile to make us happy and I will continue to get black worms from him as long as I have my newts. Thank you :)

velasco13000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2015   #32 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 1
Rep: giventofly is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Live Blackworm Specials for Caudata Members

This week, I ordered for the first time from Eastern Aquatics and got a pound of blackworms delivered. Craig was kind enough to call me and make sure of my order. He even talked me through how to care for the worms since it was my first time ordering a full pound rather than just getting teaspoon-fulls of blackworms from my LFS. He was so helpful. The worms arrived in a beautifully-packaged box, still cold. My 'lotl babies scarfing these worms up! I have a steady supply for the babies now and the worms are so healthy-looking.

Will definitely order from Eastern Aquatics again!

giventofly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2015   #33 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: animalloversfb has given good advice and informationanimalloversfb has given good advice and information

Can anyone estimate how many worms are in 1 lb or about how long a 1lb lasts for feeding larva? Thanks!

animalloversfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2015   #34 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 97
Comments: 46
Rep: Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalloversfb View Post
Can anyone estimate how many worms are in 1 lb or about how long a 1lb lasts for feeding larva? Thanks!
By volume, a pound is about 2 cups. How long it lasts depends on (1) how many larvae, and (2) how well you take care of the worms. I have kept a single shipment of live blackworms alive for 2+ months, but they need daily rinsing.

Old 28th April 2015   #35 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: gregory741 is an unknown quantity at this point

could I get half a pound or is 1 pound the smallest quantity????

gregory741 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2015   #36 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 58
Comments: 71
Rep: Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11

I believe he does, but if you want to ask him, please read the very first post in this thread where he says to please email him any questions. Thank you.

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions | My Blog
Otterwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2015   #37 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 5
Comments: 8
Rep: BabySinclair has shown reliable knowledgeBabySinclair has shown reliable knowledge

Can anyone tell/show what a pound of blackworms looks like? I'm trying to decide if I need 1 or 2 pounds

I have 5, 7-8" axolotls

BabySinclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2015   #38 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Comments: 10
Rep: Jake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabySinclair View Post
Can anyone tell/show what a pound of blackworms looks like? I'm trying to decide if I need 1 or 2 pounds

I have 5, 7-8" axolotls
As Jen said, a pound is roughly 2 cups of worms without much excess water.

I've been ordering 4-5 lbs a week all summer either from Craig or one of the local fish wholesalers who buys from Craig and the quality and price are unbeatable! During the hottest part of summer some other suppliers experience shortages and shipping can be very risky but the worms are always in stock and very lively, never a stinky bag of sludge like you might expect, the ice packs are usually still about half frozen when I get them.

We also had record cold temperatures last winter and one week it was in the single digits all week and my worms still arrived alive and well.

I strongly recommend you try these. Just be sure to keep up on changing the water and don't store them too thick, if you fall behind on water changes you WILL regret it.

Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2015   #39 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 5
Comments: 8
Rep: BabySinclair has shown reliable knowledgeBabySinclair has shown reliable knowledge

Jake! Thanks you! I thought I went through both pages... I actually intend to keep a culture in a 40 gal tank. I already have a small culture that I feed my Prego Platy Moms. But I don't have enough to fill the gut of even one finicky Lotl!
Washington temps are finally cooling off, so I'll place my order Sunday night.
Can you tell me if these are good to stimulate appetite? I've got some guys on the thin side (brother took care of them for two months...) everyone will only eat blood worms and that's just asking for vitamin problems down the road...
I'm about to go digging in my organic garden for anything that wiggles... There Must be Something in my compost pile!

__________________________________________________ _______
When asked: Why?
Because I couldn't stop at just one dammit!!!

BabySinclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2015   #40 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: BURGESS1504 is an unknown quantity at this point

Frist time buying black worms!!!! Craig has been nothing but helpful!!!!! I sent to much money, he sent refund right away!!!! I had a question about how to keep the worms, This guy called long distance twice to make sure I was doing every thing right!!!!! Best thing is I ordered around 5pm and the next day at 11am they was at my front door...... If you don't think that's A-1 service your crazy......

BURGESS1504 is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack