The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Salmon pellets discount - axolotl food

This is a discussion on Salmon pellets discount - axolotl food within the FS: USA forums, part of the For Sale, Give-Away or Trade category; Do CFB newts (Cynops Cyanurus) accept these pellets?...

FS: USA For US Caudata.org users wishing to sell/give away/trade within the US.

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th May 2015   #21 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: DanTheTingler has started on the right path
Default Re: Salmon pellets discount - axolotl food

Do CFB newts (Cynops Cyanurus) accept these pellets?

DanTheTingler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2015   #22 (permalink)
2010 Research Grant Donor

Nationality:
Rep: michael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

I feed them to my cyanurus.

michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2015   #23 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: omgitsmogo is an unknown quantity at this point

How many pellets should be fed daily for an adult? Trying to figure out how long each bag will last with one adult

omgitsmogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2015   #24 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: michael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

I would not feed adult axolotls daily. They need time to digest their meals. I would feed adults one to 3 times a week. I'm going to say about 10 pellets. It depends on temperature, growth rate, time of the year, etc. You just have to adjust it to how much they eat. No food should be left in the tank after a couple hours.

Old 10th September 2015   #25 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 5
Comments: 8
Rep: BabySinclair has shown reliable knowledgeBabySinclair has shown reliable knowledge

Are here generally accepted by finicky eaters? Right now my Lotls are only interested in bloodworm and keep spitting out earthworms :-(
My brother has been taking care of them for a couple months, so now they are a little on the skinny side. I'm looking for something to help beef them up :-)
Thanks in advance

BabySinclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2015   #26 (permalink)

Nationality:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabySinclair View Post
Are here generally accepted by finicky eaters? Right now my Lotls are only interested in bloodworm and keep spitting out earthworms :-(
My brother has been taking care of them for a couple months, so now they are a little on the skinny side. I'm looking for something to help beef them up :-)
Thanks in advance
They work good as a staple food. I would put a few soft moist salmon pellets in with a light feeding of bloodworms. Skip a couple normal feeds and slowly switch to mostly pellets. They will switch over easily.

Old 30th September 2015   #27 (permalink)
Field Herper

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 96
Comments: 76
Rep: Sith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

Do the small pellets work with Notos?

Old 30th September 2015   #28 (permalink)

Nationality:

I don't keep Notos because they are native to Pa. The small pellets do work with many aquatic salamanders. Sometimes the salamanders need to be trained to take them. I'm guessing they would be good for Notos.

Old 28th January 2017   #29 (permalink)

Nationality:

I'm still selling lots of Soft moist salmon pellets for axolotl, salamander, and frog food.

I have 12 oz bags of 3/32" pellets and 5/32" pellets for 7.00 ea.

Shipping costs have gone up to 7.00 for up to 2 bags shipped and 9.00 for 3 or more bags shipped.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0001.jpg (139.2 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0004.jpg (105.8 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0005.jpg (106.7 KB, 13 views)

Old 7th May 2017   #30 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Popcqrn is an unknown quantity at this point

For one juvenile axolotl, how long will a single bag last? Also, what are the pellets?

Popcqrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2017   #31 (permalink)

Nationality:

They are soft moist salmon pellets made mostly of anchovies. A bag should last several months.

LinkBack