The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Salmon pellets discount - axolotl food

This is a discussion on Salmon pellets discount - axolotl food within the FS: USA forums, part of the For Sale, Give-Away or Trade category; Soft moist salmon pellets special discount for Caudata.org members. Please email and mention caudata.org to receive the member only special ...

FS: USA For US Caudata.org users wishing to sell/give away/trade within the US.

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th September 2013   #1 (permalink)
2010 Research Grant Donor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: michael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.org
Default Salmon pellets discount - axolotl food

Soft moist salmon pellets special discount for Caudata.org members.

Please email and mention caudata.org to receive the member only special price of 7.00 per 12 oz bag.
Mention Caudata.org at the Hamburg, Pa. reptile show to purchase pellets at the discount price.

shrommj@ptd.net

Moderators are eligible for 1 free bag per year.

3/32" pellets are excellent for small aquatic salamanders, juvenile axolotls, and fish.
5/32" pellets are a good size for medium to adult axolotls, large aquatic salamanders, and larger fish.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0005.jpg (102.7 KB, 1165 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0004.jpg (102.3 KB, 1369 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0007.jpg (94.7 KB, 1065 views)

Last edited by Otterwoman; 17th April 2015 at 22:25. Reason: poster's request
michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2014   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: michael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.org
Default Re: Salmon pellets discount - axolotl food

Priority shipping. 5.00 shipping for up to 2 bags. 7.00 shipping for 3 or more bags.

Old 25th April 2014   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:

These are also known as sinking feeder pellets (axolotl - turtle food)

Old 14th June 2014   #4 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Zaddiegirl is an unknown quantity at this point

My 4 inch juvenile axolotls LOVE these pellets! The pellets I was feeding them, they spit out almost every time. Even 20 minutes later I would find they had thrown them up. But these pellets they go crazy for! As soon as I start feeding, most of them come forward to eat. I have not seen any spit back out! Will definitely buy more later.
Thanks !

Zaddiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2014   #5 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Krispen has shown reliable knowledge

Getting ready to put in my second order! They love them!

Krispen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2014   #6 (permalink)

Nationality:

Be sure to mention caudata.org when ordering to get the discount price.

Moderators please contact me for your free yearly bag of salmon pellets.

Old 19th August 2014   #7 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 22
Rep: AnimlEnthusiast is an unknown quantity at this point

I've seen many animals who have loved these pellets! (I would recommend them, based on that and their nutritional value).

But, I'm curious. About how long do these bags usually last, when fed to one axolotl (gradually, of course)? What is an approximate time period?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krispen View Post
Getting ready to put in my second order! They love them!

Add to my rep if you find anything I have said useful.
AnimlEnthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2014   #8 (permalink)

Nationality:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimlEnthusiast View Post

But, I'm curious. About how long do these bags usually last, when fed to one axolotl (gradually, of course)? What is an approximate time period?
I'm guessing 3 to 5 months. I've never had just one axolotl to feed.

Old 21st August 2014   #9 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 97
Comments: 46
Rep: Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael View Post
I'm guessing 3 to 5 months. I've never had just one axolotl to feed.
Maybe last even longer than that for just one animal. I recommend freezing most of the batch, as they keep their nutritional value better that way.

Old 9th November 2014   #10 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Rep: LSuzuki has given good advice and informationLSuzuki has given good advice and informationLSuzuki has given good advice and information

My axolotls love these pellets too. There is a little bit of crumbling, as one would expect from soft pellets, but not excessive. Thank you, Michael, for offering these at a reasonable price.

LSuzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2014   #11 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: milahoh is an unknown quantity at this point

I have fed these pellets from the beginning (along with live foods)- from back when I had one 2-inch axolotl. I have 13 now, and every one of them eats these pellets and LOVES them. My animals are all fat and healthy, even the three rescues I got most recently. Underfed and tiny for their age, they are growing well now. Thank for offering them, answering all my questions, and I am looking forward to the next shipment.

milahoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2014   #12 (permalink)

Nationality:

When purchasing pellets or anything from me using Paypal please enter it as a payment for goods. If I accept gift or money transfer for goods I can lose my paypal privileges.

Old 5th December 2014   #13 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: milahoh is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Salmon pellets discount - axolotl food

Got my shipment quickly, and will order again!!! My 13 axies love these pellets, even one I have that has never been a good eater and came to me as a "last chance rescue". In under 2 months she has picked up considerably, her gills are larger, and she is having regular poops. She has never been healthier, and this food a big reason why. Thanks!!!

milahoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2015   #14 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: mandachan is an unknown quantity at this point

Thinking about trying these out. How many of the big pellets should you feel an adult daily?

mandachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2015   #15 (permalink)

Nationality:

If you mean an adult axolotl I do not feed them daily. I feed one to 3 times a week. I'd guess about 5 to a dozen pellets. If they eat them all quickly feed a little more. If many are left feed less next time.

Axolotls do most of their growing in the first year. When they are adults they need fed less.

Old 23rd January 2015   #16 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: fish4all is an unknown quantity at this point

How long would a bag last feeding 2-5 sub adults? Thinking about trying them as the sub adults I have seen to eat anything I put in front of them.

fish4all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2015   #17 (permalink)

Nationality:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish4all View Post
How long would a bag last feeding 2-5 sub adults? Thinking about trying them as the sub adults I have seen to eat anything I put in front of them.
A bag would last several months. I'd recommend getting two bags to take best advantage of shipping. Shipping is the same for one or two bags.

Caudata.org members get a per bag discount and a discount on my normal shipping charge.

Moderators get one free bag per year if they ask.

Old 4th February 2015   #18 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Silverbearslady is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Michael, I need to purchase some of the sinking salmon pellets...I think I need quit a bit. I currently have 315 juveniles that hatched on December 20th, intentionally, that are about 11/2-2 inches long and 600 (give or take a few) babies that hatched on January 20th, unintentionally!!! (I let El Zorro and Mama back together too soon) Anyway, could you tell me how much I will most likely need to keep them all going until I can get them big enough to sell. (3-4 inches with all 4 legs is what I am thinking) The juveniles are eating black worms and the babies are still eating BBS right now. This is my first experience with raising axolotls so I am unsure of how much would be practical to order.

Silverbearslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2015   #19 (permalink)

Nationality:

Please email or pm me with your questions.
Thanks
shrommj@ptd.net

Old 13th March 2015   #20 (permalink)

Nationality:

Bags of pellets are 12 oz. Same low price for caudata.org members.

LinkBack