The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Handbook on Himalayan Salamander, for sale or trade

This is a discussion on Handbook on Himalayan Salamander, for sale or trade within the FS: USA forums, part of the For Sale, Give-Away or Trade category; I have a couple of copies of this brief but reasonably thorough book, brand new from the publisher. Ostensibly, it's ...

FS: USA For US Caudata.org users wishing to sell/give away/trade within the US.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th June 2014   #1 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 8
Rep: FrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.org
Default Handbook on Himalayan Salamander, for sale or trade

I have a couple of copies of this brief but reasonably thorough book, brand new from the publisher. Ostensibly, it's a very inexpensive book, but it seems to only be available from India, which adds greatly to cost through shipping. The book deals specifically with the biology of Tylototriton verrucosus in Darjeeling, West Bengal, India. Populations to the west in Nepal are genetically very similar to those in Myanmar, just west of the type locality. However, there is some evidence that not all "verrucosus" west of China are the same species. Regardless, there is a fair amount of detail on reproduction, habits, diet, etc. There is a range map with dot localities for all of India, and a number of decent animal and habitat photos. I will try to add more details later. I am asking $23 each, including basic postage within the USA, additional postage to Canada to be determined as needed. This is a modest profit, as international shipping is manmy times the cost of the book. I will consider getting more copies if there is interest. I am MORE interested in trading for live salamanders. Specifically, I am interested in certain Triturus, Lissotriton, Cynops, Hypselotriton, and especially Tylototriton and Echinotriton. Many other species will be considered, with barter value and shipping negotiable.

Please contact me here. I am located in southern Minnesota.

FrogEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2014   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 58
Comments: 71
Rep: Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11
Default Re: Handbook on Himalayan Salamander, for sale or trade

I'd like one

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions | My Blog
Otterwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2014   #3 (permalink)
2010 Research Grant Donor

Nationality:
Comments: 0
Rep: michael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

I got my copy and read it the day I received it. It is a nice little book with a lot on natural history. I found it to be fascinating.

michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2014   #4 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Rep: FrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

For those interested, I have a few more copies, having arrived a few weeks earlier than scheduled!

Old 29th June 2014   #5 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 0
Rep: dano is an unknown quantity at this point

I would be interested in getting a copy of the book. You can email me at ogrizekdan@gmail.com
Thanks,
Dan

dano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2014   #6 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:

I have a few copies of this still available. At the moment I would prefer simple PayPal purchases. Regular mail shipping is included within the USA and Canada, and typically takes under a week to arrive [usually 2-3 days].

The species covered is now considered to be an undescribed species related to T.shanorum [ie T.aff. shanorum].

LinkBack