The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

International trade

This is a discussion on International trade within the FS: International (countries not covered in the other sections) forums, part of the For Sale, Give-Away or Trade category; Why is it so hard,to make a pipeline trade there is a demand,but no one seems to be able ,so ...

FS: International (countries not covered in the other sections) This is for Caudata.org users wishing to sell/give away or trade in countries not included in the categories above this one.

Like Tree27Likes
  • 2 Post By Joep
  • 3 Post By otolith
  • 1 Post By sde
  • 2 Post By otolith
  • 3 Post By taherman
  • 2 Post By Joep
  • 3 Post By dutch guy
  • 2 Post By dutch guy
  • 1 Post By dennis
  • 2 Post By dutch guy
  • 3 Post By Chinadog
  • 1 Post By dutch guy
  • 2 Post By dutch guy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th October 2015   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Joep has a given some bad advice or info, or has behaved inappropriately
Default International trade

Why is it so hard,to make a pipeline trade
there is a demand,but no one seems to be able ,so many red tape!
meanwhile there are many invasive animals on the marked in europe,chinese newts,carrying a fungus,snappingturtles etc??
i would love to import some blue spotted newts etc
i bet americans would love to get some european newts??

Joep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2015   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: otolith is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgotolith is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgotolith is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgotolith is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgotolith is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgotolith is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org
Default Re: International trade

There are a lot of commonly kept species bred in the EU that I would love to have in the US hobby. Ommatotriton, Lissotriton, Triturus with locality info, the list goes on.

I am absolutely willing to work with EU keepers to figure out a way to exchange animals legally.

otolith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2015   #3 (permalink)
Field Herper

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 27
Comments: 14
Rep: sde is a mainstay of Caudata.orgsde is a mainstay of Caudata.orgsde is a mainstay of Caudata.orgsde is a mainstay of Caudata.orgsde is a mainstay of Caudata.orgsde is a mainstay of Caudata.org

I know that i indeed would love some European newts, but to my understanding it requires a lot of paperwork ( and money? ) to legally import amphibians to the US, for the US keepe, that is.
Maybe someone else will be able to help you out a bit more.

Old 25th October 2015   #4 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: otolith is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgotolith is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgotolith is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgotolith is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgotolith is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgotolith is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

I think the trick to making this work will be to have EU breeders work with importers to take care of the shipping and paperwork. I am not sure how it would work shipping to Europe from the US. If anyone with import/export experience is on the board please chime in.

otolith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2015   #5 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: dutch guy has shown reliable knowledgedutch guy has shown reliable knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by otolith View Post
I think the trick to making this work will be to have EU breeders work with importers to take care of the shipping and paperwork. I am not sure how it would work shipping to Europe from the US. If anyone with import/export experience is on the board please chime in.
At this moment iam in contact with someone, who wants to import to US. You need an oficial broker in Europe.Germany have special couriers for living animals, but you have to do a lot of paperwork in the U.S..
And think of the possible Bsal ban from Europe.

Tylototriton shanjing 4,5,42

dutch guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2015   #6 (permalink)
Caudata.org Donor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 1
Comments: 1
Rep: taherman is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgtaherman is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgtaherman is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgtaherman is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgtaherman is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgtaherman is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgtaherman is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgtaherman is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgtaherman is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgtaherman is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

I recently shipped some CB plethodontids to Europe for customer pickup at the Hamm show through Geckofanatics. The process went relatively smoothly, however I was shorted over $200 on the transaction, so I would prefer to work with a different importer in the EU next time, or get paid directly by the end customers.

The problem is getting a large enough shipment together to justify all of the expenses involved.

taherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2015   #7 (permalink)

Nationality:

succesfully received live larva-newts,half way across the world,they had lots of air in their bag,took 5 days,
thank u for sending!! joanne payne!

Old 17th November 2015   #8 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: dutch guy has shown reliable knowledgedutch guy has shown reliable knowledge

On december 7th i send 12 Tylototriton shanjing to Germany, who will go to the US.A..they are gonna be shipped after the Hamm show by a official broker, and legaly imported to the US.
All fee paid by the buyer, including shipping by FedEx to Germany.
If you do it this way, it won't cost you a bundle

Old 17th November 2015   #9 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: dennis has shown reliable knowledge

Well in my ever so humble opinion it is a double edged sword. T work with mostly heloderma lizards and both gilas n beadeds are strictly cites regulated and there is a lot a red tape and pedigree verification n what not to get cleared to send international to protect the species from a sudden fad of over collecting in the wild because the extremely high value that could possible lead to extinction. But what a lot a folks wanting to keep these lizards don't get the reason of their value is two fold. One being there is not a lot in the wild anywhere, but two is they are the Panda Bear of reptile to reproduce and everything has to go just so or you will not succeed. And in some countries among the wealthy the more rare anything is the more valuable.

I use to keep n produce a lot a species a dart frogs and I got way disenchanted as mexico began building tourist resorts in remotetropical swamps and all the sudden ned species of pumilio showed up all over America n Germany found only on a tiny isthmus in Mexico in the whole world. Now available to the public but no longer exist in the wild aand anyone knows darts know pumilio are egg feeders n tricky to produce.....well Germans made a sport a sneaking things home in ink pens n such , I also ran into this a lot in the spider hobby. Thats not for me.I love animals but It try whatever it took to save a species not ever want topsess the last a species to watch it die............

So even though I too want some imports bad (chinese giants), IU patiently wait it all to go through cites and ya know I appreciate how hard they try to save species...........people are poor these days and more greedy than ever. Look in America most our antiques made a metal were recycled for scrap during the world wars and later during our zombie apolcalypse drug epidemic still happening now. I live in a rough town,sorta Colorado's Detroit, but you leave anything metal out or unlocked its gone . Scrappers roam the streets dayly getting enough money for the daily dope fix........

peace

dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2015   #10 (permalink)

Nationality:

This has nothing to do with greed but saving a specie from disapearing.
And a serious atempt to start a breedingline in the US.Just like we did in Italy and Germany.So there can be a studbook, in the US.

Old 20th November 2015   #11 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: dennis has shown reliable knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutch guy View Post
This has nothing to do with greed but saving a specie from disapearing.
And a serious atempt to start a breedingline in the US.Just like we did in Italy and Germany.So there can be a studbook, in the US.

Oh I totally understand and was not meaning to imply otherwise.
Trust me, I hate any form a control whatsoever. The world is changing at a rate n way a lot can not comprehend and for many species human intervention is it's only hope. No telling how many slip off or we wipe out though before we even know they existed....
Just saying why there is some fairly strict governing of species across borders to protect them. It is better than nothing to have a species with a captive population but priceless really n often irreplaceable in it's natural niche environment.

peace

dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2015   #12 (permalink)

Nationality:

I hear you, it's sad, to aee that somany beautyfull specie's, like amphibian and reptiles are an temporarely hive and start to get rare like Python Regius. Howmany original P.Regius do you see? Most of them are hybride's not in shape but in colour.
We, my wife and I, love T.shanjin's and breed small batches of eggs, so you have strong healthy juveniles, who have been raised at least for 4 to 6 months afther morphing, and the little ones mostly a year.

Old 12th December 2015   #13 (permalink)

Nationality:

Well past monday, i have send 12 Tylototriton sjanjing's, to Germany, next week they will be shipped to the US.afther Terestica in Hamm.
Someone at the other side of the Atlantic is already, very happy.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn OZZY met Tapatalk

Old 12th December 2015   #14 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11

Happy enough to send back some blue tails for me? :)

Only joking! I'm glad you took the time and trouble to get them there legally, I get plenty of emails from people in the US asking me to just send pyrrhos through the regular mail and risk it so it obviously happens.
Much respect for doing it properly. :)

Chinadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2015   #15 (permalink)

Nationality:

It whas my contact's iniative, i onely did the europian part.
So all the credit is for him, he wants to stay anonymus for this time.

Old 19th December 2015   #16 (permalink)

Nationality:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutch guy View Post
It whas my contact's iniative, i onely did the europian part.
So all the credit is for him, he wants to stay anonymus for this time.

The shanjing juveniles did arive yesterday in the US and are doing well.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LENNY2 met Tapatalk

Old 14th January 2016   #17 (permalink)

Nationality:

It seems that my first attempt to exporting to the USA whas a succes but at the same time the last time .
That's a sad thing, we had hoped to sell some more, in the future.
We still got 15 juveniles for sale.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LENNY2 met Tapatalk

Old 13th October 2016   #18 (permalink)

Nationality:

thxs all 4 posting!!
bsal can be tested!so health documents are around!!still there is a bann!!
also new rules about invasive species harms the exchange,but snappingturtles&gardnersnakes do come here??wtf!
also gmo/gfp animals are illegal here??do we eat them??
id love 2 get my hands on a gmo/gfp!!
just had a great european meeting,so many newtfreaks here!!

LinkBack