The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Manitoba, canada

This is a discussion on Manitoba, canada within the FS: International (countries not covered in the other sections) forums, part of the For Sale, Give-Away or Trade category; Hey, friends! I've had a surprise batch of axolotl larvae just before Christmas. I had tried separating my male from ...

FS: International (countries not covered in the other sections) This is for Caudata.org users wishing to sell/give away or trade in countries not included in the categories above this one.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CheyenneAutumn

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd January 2016   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: CheyenneAutumn has a given some bad advice or info, or has behaved inappropriately
Default Manitoba, canada

Hey, friends!

I've had a surprise batch of axolotl larvae just before Christmas. I had tried separating my male from the females for a bit, but they would always find a way to get around the plastic mesh divider and my little Albino even injured herself during an attempt. So, I kept them together and just hoped breeding conditions were not the easiest to achieve..

Well, evidently that was not the case! The melanoid female I had recently rescued laid a small clutch of eggs and here we are.

I have a dozen small larvae I am beginning to seek homes for. I appears I have an albino, a couple wild types, and several melanoids. They were laid on December 15th and hatched on varying days around Christmas Eve/Christmas Day!

The frisky father is a 2 year old Luecistic and the mumma is a 2.5 year old Melanoid. They live together with a 8 month old Albino female, in a 50 Gallon custom made tank. It is broad, long, and shallow; perfect for Axolotl exploration and easy surface access. They enjoy a huge Malaysian driftwood fort, live plants, natural light, and large glossy river stones. They are fed night crawlers, guppies, and frozen brine shrimp. The larvae are currently being fed live baby brine shrimp, of course. I am raising them together with the understanding that this teaches them not to nip at each other, as they learn friend from prey early on.

Right now I'm just looking for interested parties and will sort out the details after. I live in the capitol city, Winnipeg, Manitoba. I am asking $40 - $60.00 per axolotl, depending on color and size.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0692.jpg (193.7 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0712.jpg (35.4 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0714.jpg (34.3 KB, 25 views)

CheyenneAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack