The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Greater Siren (pickup in Toronto, Canada only)

This is a discussion on Greater Siren (pickup in Toronto, Canada only) within the FS: International (countries not covered in the other sections) forums, part of the For Sale, Give-Away or Trade category; Hello all, I have a very adorable Greater Siren for sale. He was previously in a very dirty environment for ...

FS: International (countries not covered in the other sections) This is for Caudata.org users wishing to sell/give away or trade in countries not included in the categories above this one.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th June 2016   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Catnkit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Greater Siren (pickup in Toronto, Canada only)

Hello all, I have a very adorable Greater Siren for sale. He was previously in a very dirty environment for a long time and needs a good, loving home. He has an unknown ailment or condition in the form of 4 small bumps and two patches of what appears to be scar tissue. I do not know the nature of these bumps/marks (wounds, irritations, cysts, infection, etc) but he has had them for years and I do not know if more will form or not. The quality of his previous home before I came to temporarily house him could be a factor.

He is as active as a siren should be, is eating meaty foods (I'm not sure what prepared/pellet foods he will eat yet), and is accustomed to sand and digging but I recommend river stone large enough to not be consumed as his new substrate. He isn't very escape-prone but his lid should be secured with no open parts, he is very strong. (he can easily shift the driftwood you see in the tank around to suit his whims).

He is 18" long (of the expected adult size of 20-30" or so), at least 2-3 years old, seemingly healthy other than the mysterious markings, and will come with all the driftwood and plants in the tank in addition to some more pieces of driftwood and some rocks for $200.

He will need a very large tank, ideal temp around 75*, and either unpolished river stone (I recommend the little baggies from dollar tree) or sand. Adequate filtration and water changes are a must. I would greatly prefer his new owner to be familiar with keeping aquatic animals. He should not be kept with any other animals unless they are small prey items.

Pickup near Albion and Thistle Down. If no adequate owner is found I will keep him.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9278.jpg (55.6 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9256.jpg (87.4 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9272.jpg (90.1 KB, 23 views)

Catnkit is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack