The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

C. orientalis - Canada

This is a discussion on C. orientalis - Canada within the FS: International (countries not covered in the other sections) forums, part of the For Sale, Give-Away or Trade category; I have 25 , 3 month old Juvies to give away to good homes. All are healthy and eating from ...

FS: International (countries not covered in the other sections) This is for Caudata.org users wishing to sell/give away or trade in countries not included in the categories above this one.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd July 2007   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: taper has started on the right path
Default C. orientalis - Canada

I have 25 , 3 month old Juvies to give away to good homes. All are healthy and eating from tweezers.
You pay shipping and I really don't know if this time a year is good to ship . Or the proper way to ship so any advise there is greatly apprieciated.

Thanks

taper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2007   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: salamanderguy has a given some bad advice or info, or has behaved inappropriately

a good way to ship is to put your salamanders in a breathable bag and ship them in the regular fed ex mail. the bags give the newts the oxygen they need and as long as they dont need food they can be shipped for up to 10 days. you can buy the bags from novalex in the kordon section of their website.
will give better details if wanted.

salamanderguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2007   #3 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 898
Comments: 26
Rep: Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11

This article: http://www.caudata.org/cc/articles/shipping.shtml has lots of great shipping information.

I've not used breathable bags myself but they sound like an interesting idea. You need to ensure the animals can't be squashed though.

Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2007   #4 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 97
Comments: 46
Rep: Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11

I wouldn't bother with breather bags, except for animals with gills (larvae, axolotls, etc), which have to be shipped in water. Once they lose their gills, they just need to be shipped in damp toweling or moss (or even wet styrofoam peanuts) - you can poke holes in the plastic container for air. Ship this in a cardboard box (which "breathes" quite well on its own).

Jennewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2007   #5 (permalink)

Nationality:

Thank you for the info guys. I buy crickets all the time so I could just use those containers. I also have a ton of sphagnum moss so all I need now are good homes for my little ones to go too.

Thanks again

Old 12th August 2007   #6 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: ecoreptiles has started on the right path
Default Still have your juvies?

Are you still looking for homes? I'm new to this forum... wish I'd seen your posting weeks ago!

ecoreptiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2007   #7 (permalink)

Nationality:

All my little newts have been given to good homes now. My adults are still laying eggs and I seen a couple of larvae in my adult tank, but the majority of eggs are being eaten by a rogue newt and I have not been taking the eggs out, as they really are alot of work to keep alive and healthy. Finding homes for them is trying also as I will not just give them to anybody.

Old 8th September 2007   #8 (permalink)
European Newt Group

Nationality:
Rep: richierich has started on the right path

hey I would be interested in picking up a few more C.O. How many do you have left? Feel free to PM me, thanks - Rich

richierich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2007   #9 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: salamanderguy has a given some bad advice or info, or has behaved inappropriately

id be willing to buy some eggs from you

salamanderguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
canada, orientalis

LinkBack