The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

FBN Eggs and Juvenials to Give (Canada)

This is a discussion on FBN Eggs and Juvenials to Give (Canada) within the FS: International (countries not covered in the other sections) forums, part of the For Sale, Give-Away or Trade category; Hi, so I just clicked on my aquarium light to see my little Rock Steady nosing among some tell-tale folded ...

FS: International (countries not covered in the other sections) This is for Caudata.org users wishing to sell/give away or trade in countries not included in the categories above this one.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th March 2010   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Brie has shown reliable knowledgeBrie has shown reliable knowledge
Default FBN Eggs and Juvenials to Give (Canada)

Hi, so I just clicked on my aquarium light to see my little Rock Steady nosing among some tell-tale folded leaves. I guess she must have started laying last night, there looks to be two or three eggs.

Last year I raised the whole brood myself, it was a first for me. I'd had the pair for less than a year and had decided they were both boys based on no science what so ever. I could just as easily decided they were both girls but, surprise! Breeding pair. Raising the eggs was fascinating and challenging but I dont know if I have the time to do it all over again. I think maybe I'll just raise a dozen or so, enough to fill one tupperware as appose to my entire room becoming a newt factory like it was last summer.

I dont want to make a buck on Rock Steadys offspring, I just want someone passinate about newts to want them and care for them. Maybe just contribut to their shipping. Also I still have about 30 of last years brood so if anyone wated any of them they are for grabs as well. They are terrestrial, a little more than an inch and fairly socialized. A good many will eat directly from the tweezers (wicked cute) and they're use to me bumbling around in their tank.

Last year it took about a month for Rock Steady to finish laying but by then the first ones will have hatched. Just putting that out there for anyone to chew on who might be interested.

B.

Brie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2010   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: maelstrom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: FBN Eggs and Juvenials to Give

would you be willing to ship to calgary?

maelstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2010   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Brie has shown reliable knowledgeBrie has shown reliable knowledge

Yeah probably, were you wanting eggs or little newts?

Brie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2010   #4 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: maelstrom is an unknown quantity at this point

eggs definately or both

maelstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2010   #5 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: PanTech is an unknown quantity at this point

I would love to add some baby FBN's to my collection I currently have 4 big fellas in a 40 gallon tank...I live in Montreal. Would you be able to ship? I have a nice setup 10 gallon setup with a half dozen CRS shrimp a friend gave me.

Tags
eggs juvenilles free

LinkBack