The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Juvenile axolotls

This is a discussion on Juvenile axolotls within the FS: International (countries not covered in the other sections) forums, part of the For Sale, Give-Away or Trade category; Juvenile axolotls for sale Morphs available are as follows. Photos are in order with the list. 6 wild type (these ...

FS: International (countries not covered in the other sections) This is for Caudata.org users wishing to sell/give away or trade in countries not included in the categories above this one.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th August 2014   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: nicolelawton is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Juvenile axolotls

Juvenile axolotls for sale

Morphs available are as follows. Photos are in order with the list.

6 wild type (these are a nice dark wild type with some greenish flecks)
6 golden albino (bright yellow with iridescent flecks)
2 Melanoid albino (these lack pigment but have a yellowish tinge)
3 xanthic albino (these are a pure white with shiny eyes)

They are all between 4-5 inches long. They have been hand raised by myself. They are feeding on chopped dew worm, blood worm and sinking pellets (I like to give them a varied diet). Their food items can be bought at local pet stores. Most carry dew worms (earth worms), but gas stations sell them as fishing bait also or you can collect your own in a pesticide free area.

Axolotls are aquatic salamanders and are best kept in an aquarium with NO gravel (as they can ingest it and die from impaction), light filtration (they do not appreciate a lot of movement in the water) and cold water. They do not need an aquarium heater and prefer to be kept cool. I give mine a light period of 10 hours a day, but lighting is not absolutely necessary. They do not metamorphosize like many salamanders do and will remain in water for their entire lives. Their regular maintenance is similar to fish in that they need regular partial water changes with non chlorinated water. You can use reverse osmosis water, or simply add a water conditioner sold at local pet stores like "prime" or "nutrafin aqua plus".

I can ship axolotls in Ontario for approx $35-$40 depending on the location. Shipping is available for Quebec too. I accept cash or EMT only. They are $15 each and I guarantee their health. I am available to answer questions or concerns you may have. Please call or text if you are interested.
226-387-4250
Nicole
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (62.9 KB, 49 views)

nicolelawton is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axie, axolotl

LinkBack