The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Wanted unusual colours

This is a discussion on Wanted unusual colours within the Wanted in Australia or New Zealand forums, part of the Species Wanted, Items Sought category; Hi All, I can't take care of any newcomers before Christmas, but am putting this out there in preparation for ...

Wanted in Australia or New Zealand Due to the large number of Aussie and New Zealander users, we now have a wanted section for you. Too right!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th December 2013   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: axowattyl has given good advice and informationaxowattyl has given good advice and information
Default Wanted unusual colours

Hi All,

I can't take care of any newcomers before Christmas, but am putting this out there in preparation for the new year.

I'm looking to add to my herd, either by means of adults or most likely posted eggs.

I run clean and cycled tanks, and living in a pristine area, have access to awesome earthworms and feeder fish (but I keep a backup jar of pellets handy as well).

I have had excellent results raising brine shrimp for my baby cichlids, so newborn to adult will eat well at my place.

I'm looking for stock from breeders who have highly unusually colored or just plain good examples of traditional colours, most likely in the form of eggs, but I'll drive to Sydney or Brisbane or inland NSW for the right breeding age animals.

Please PM me if you can help.

I want to use similar line breeding tactics as used in poultry to lock in certain colours, and will certainly return favours/stock to anyone who helps me out.

I'm totally open to advice from more experienced breeders (after all I've really only done fish and poultry) who want to reduce their herd but would like to keep their hand in and have access to eggs in the future.

It seems their are some amazing colours in Europe, and I'm wondering what's hidden away in our country??

Cheers,

axowattyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2014   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: axowattyl has given good advice and informationaxowattyl has given good advice and information
Default Re: Wanted unusual colours

No one out there from say Newcastle to Coffs??

I'm setting up more tanks and keen to take on some new axies, particularly unwanted adults.

Not only will your unwanted pet get good care and feeding, but it could also have a new sex life!

If you've got axies and are over it, we can give them a very nice home.

Please reply by PM.

Cheers,

axowattyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2014   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: lQdALPHA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wanted unusual colours

Hi!
sorry to contact you via this public post but i tried to add you and private messaging wasn't working oddly enough
I was curious if you have had any luck or have bred any axies of the more rare colourings as i'd definately be interested in buying some offspring
I saw this earlier and am wondering if in Australia we get all of these colourings.
Silly Axolotls - Colour Variants Post - Colour Variants Post
My friend has two Copper axies- both girls and should be getting an adult male soon to breed her axies; but thats the only unusal colouring i've seen

lQdALPHA is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack