The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Australian Axolotl Supply

This is a discussion on Australian Axolotl Supply within the Wanted in Australia or New Zealand forums, part of the Species Wanted, Items Sought category; Does anyone know of someone or a place that sells Axolotls in Australia and will post them? I think the ...

Wanted in Australia or New Zealand Due to the large number of Aussie and New Zealander users, we now have a wanted section for you. Too right!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Lachlan McKillo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th April 2014   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Lachlan McKillo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Australian Axolotl Supply

Does anyone know of someone or a place that sells Axolotls in Australia and will post them?
I think the recent heatwave messed with the breeders pretty bad no pet shops even remotely close to where I live has them or can get them.

Any breeders on here that could help me out?

Lachlan McKillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2014   #2 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: HayleyK has given good advice and informationHayleyK has given good advice and information
Default Re: Australian Axolotl Supply

It's the same situation in sydney, something had wiped out most breeders stock that supply to pet shops. I still think the temp is a little too high to ship just yet but I know that a hatchery in Windsor sells axolotls. They may ship?

HayleyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2014   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:

Yeah they do, they only have olives atm though, thanks for telling me.

Old 15th April 2014   #4 (permalink)

Nationality:

Dam they don't mail to my area

Old 19th April 2014   #5 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: ChasingSanity is an unknown quantity at this point

My LPS has just started getting Axies in stock again. The owner says there's only one supplier now, due to the other one having breeding issues. They're only getting wild types (blacks) in at the moment. But the one that came home today is healthy as.

ChasingSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2014   #6 (permalink)

Nationality:

Yeah that's what the one said up here as well though they hinted there was one supplier left in Australia and his stock was not healthy either.
Found a site Aquaticfish.com.au that will post them to Townsville airport so I think that's the best bet at the moment (Provided they have them still waiting for a response).

Sadly it means I don't get to pick the little fellas out but I have been trying to get a few of these for bordering on 3 months now so..

Old 22nd April 2014   #7 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Sweetie has shown reliable knowledge

My local aquarium shop seems to have a relatively steady supply - bought my albino there 15 days ago, and I noticed when we were in there a couple of weeks before that, there were two golden-coloured axies. I am in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne, and have no idea whether the shop itself ships or whether the shop owner could put me in contact with his supplier. Could easily ask for you.
Melbourne in winter - where better for a lotl?

Sweetie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2014   #8 (permalink)

Nationality:

So long as the two I ordered show up healthy I should be fine thanks though!

Old 12th August 2014   #9 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Comments: 4
Rep: yellowpebble is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgyellowpebble is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgyellowpebble is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgyellowpebble is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgyellowpebble is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgyellowpebble is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

Hi guys, Just an update on the NSW supply. Just called a helpful LFS, and have been told the prominent breeder supplying the whole of NSW got hit by a virus about 6 months ago that wiped out her WHOLE axie supply! Yowzer.

From what i have heard they are one of the only large scale breeders in AUS who supply fish shops and pet stores. This isn't good news guys! they couldn't give me any news on when she will be back in operation.

He said she had heard of people acquiring their axies "out west"... any more info would be appreciated.

yellowpebble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2014   #10 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: ChasingSanity is an unknown quantity at this point

My LPS relied on the wiped out supplier, and occasionally get black/olives in. But the one I got from them this year has been SO healthy, unlike any I've ever had.

ChasingSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2014   #11 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: axowattyl has given good advice and informationaxowattyl has given good advice and information

This story keeps popping up, only major supplier in Australia wiped out by mystery virus.

There must be some truth to it, as out LFS was very specific with the story and said they were affected so badly that they won't sell them again.

Mine are extremely healthy, and I will be shipping out young axolotls in 4-6 weeks, all going well.

axowattyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2015   #12 (permalink)
Axolotl Enthusiast

Nationality:
Rep: Aristole is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayleyK View Post
It's the same situation in sydney, something had wiped out most breeders stock that supply to pet shops. I still think the temp is a little too high to ship just yet but I know that a hatchery in Windsor sells axolotls. They may ship?

Yes that is true. At the mall they had a wipe out, and every other place i went. but there was one place where i bought most of the axolotls.

LinkBack