The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Any axies for sale in Sydney?

This is a discussion on Any axies for sale in Sydney? within the Wanted in Australia or New Zealand forums, part of the Species Wanted, Items Sought category; Im looking for 2 axolotls, a female and male. It doesn't matter about the type or size, but, if possible, ...

Wanted in Australia or New Zealand Due to the large number of Aussie and New Zealander users, we now have a wanted section for you. Too right!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th October 2014   #1 (permalink)
Axolotl Enthusiast

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Aristole is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Any axies for sale in Sydney?

Im looking for 2 axolotls, a female and male. It doesn't matter about the type or size, but, if possible, could they both be adults. I live somewhere in Sydney.
If you have them, please give some info like their age or if they have had any problems.
Thanks, Aristole.

Aristole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2014   #2 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: HayleyK has given good advice and informationHayleyK has given good advice and information
Default Re: Any axies for sale in Sydney?

I'm from sydney also and I'm always at many fish stores to grab some stuff for my axolotls, my partner has a tropical, planted and salt water aquariums so needless to say we go to many LFS. They are extremely short in axolotls around here, however I can name a few stores that I've seen stock them in the last few months.

"The pet shop" - Pagewood, Eastgardens. Very on and off with health, there's a beautiful, fat Melanoid and then a couple skinny, small wildtypes. Contains small gravel in tanks.

"Majestic aquarium" - Taren point. Generally healthy, no gravel in tanks.

"B and C aquarium" - matraville. Generally healthy, no gravel in tanks.

"Aquaristic" - botany road beaconsfeild. Generally healthy, but kept on very small pebbles. This LFS is great it's possibly my favorite for fresh, salt, and planted aquariums, and they usually don't keep their axolotls on gravel but they were desperate to have them and didn't have the correct facilities at the time as they just restocked on a lot of fish that would eat at the axolotls.

Perhaps give these places a search/call before going because axolotls get sold quick here! If not try gumtree.

HayleyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2014   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: axys has started on the right path
Default Re: Any axies for sale in Sydney?

For Sale, Give-Away or Trade - FS: Australia or New Zealand at Caudata.org Newt and Salamander Portal

you might find this ^^^ part of the forum more useful, its the sales section for people in Australia and New Zealand. look through the posts and pm people and i bet in no time you can find your self some good candidates to join your pet family :)

axys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2014   #4 (permalink)
Axolotl Enthusiast

Nationality:
Wink Re: Any axies for sale in Sydney?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayleyK View Post
I'm from sydney also and I'm always at many fish stores to grab some stuff for my axolotls, my partner has a tropical, planted and salt water aquariums so needless to say we go to many LFS. They are extremely short in axolotls around here, however I can name a few stores that I've seen stock them in the last few months.

"The pet shop" - Pagewood, Eastgardens. Very on and off with health, there's a beautiful, fat Melanoid and then a couple skinny, small wildtypes. Contains small gravel in tanks.

"Majestic aquarium" - Taren point. Generally healthy, no gravel in tanks.

"B and C aquarium" - matraville. Generally healthy, no gravel in tanks.

"Aquaristic" - botany road beaconsfeild. Generally healthy, but kept on very small pebbles. This LFS is great it's possibly my favorite for fresh, salt, and planted aquariums, and they usually don't keep their axolotls on gravel but they were desperate to have them and didn't have the correct facilities at the time as they just restocked on a lot of fish that would eat at the axolotls.

Perhaps give these places a search/call before going because axolotls get sold quick here! If not try gumtree.

Some of them are a bit far for me, so maybe in the area of north shore, warringah, hornsby or any other place close to those. I'll also check gumtree out.
But thankyou for your help anyway .

Old 27th October 2014   #5 (permalink)
Axolotl Enthusiast

Nationality:
Talking Re: Any axies for sale in Sydney?

Quote:
Originally Posted by axys View Post
For Sale, Give-Away or Trade - FS: Australia or New Zealand at Caudata.org Newt and Salamander Portal

you might find this ^^^ part of the forum more useful, its the sales section for people in Australia and New Zealand. look through the posts and pm people and i bet in no time you can find your self some good candidates to join your pet family :)
Most of them are far away

LinkBack