The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Looking to import Axolotls - will pay for special permits

This is a discussion on Looking to import Axolotls - will pay for special permits within the Wanted (International not covered by the above) forums, part of the Species Wanted, Items Sought category; I am trying to import Axolotls into Trinidad. I'm looking to obtain eggs preferably; from different broods for genetic variety ...

Wanted (International not covered by the above) If you live in a country not covered by the previous categories, post here.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By alexps

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th May 2017   #1 (permalink)
Syn

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Syn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking to import Axolotls - will pay for special permits

I am trying to import Axolotls into Trinidad. I'm looking to obtain eggs preferably; from different broods for genetic variety and future breeding. I will work with hobbyist or commercial breeders, and I can cover the international export permits and special shipping requirements. I will do my best to ensure the cost on your part is no different from your local shipping.

If anyone is willing to work with me on this venture, or can point me to a reputable company that might do exports, your help will be immensely appreciated.

Extra: They will be for a student run Biological Study in my university. I want to run an ongoing project to raise them and eventually breed as pets.

Syn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2017   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 4
Rep: alexps is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Looking to import Axolotls - will pay for special permits

Would it not be easier to import eggs?

alexps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2017   #3 (permalink)
Syn

Nationality:
Comments: 0
Rep: Syn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Looking to import Axolotls - will pay for special permits

Yes, that's what I'm trying to do. I would be able to import a large number or eggs and hatch them, compared to a relatively smaller amount of juvenile/adult animals. The problem I'm having is finding a supplier/breeder who might be willing to apply for a CITES export permit on their end.

Syn is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack