The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

WTB pinhead crix in Massachusetts

This is a discussion on WTB pinhead crix in Massachusetts within the Wanted in the USA forums, part of the Species Wanted, Items Sought category; Looking for a source of pinhead crix in Massachusetts. I am thinking I only need 25-35 a week, so the ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th April 2009   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: merk199 has given consistently good advice and informationmerk199 has given consistently good advice and informationmerk199 has given consistently good advice and informationmerk199 has given consistently good advice and information
Default WTB pinhead crix in Massachusetts

Looking for a source of pinhead crix in Massachusetts. I am thinking I only need 25-35 a week, so the internet packs of 250/500 would be a waste for me. Anyone in the local area or such is willing to sell them in small qtys let me know. The store I was going to get them at stopped carrying them.

Thanks

merk199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2009   #2 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 42
Comments: 9
Rep: SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11
Default Re: WTB pinhead crix in Massachusetts

I buy my crickets here:

http://www.wormman.com/cat_crickets.cfm

They have batch sizes available and low prices to suit your needs, and these folks can get live ones to me, even in the dead of a nasty Midwest winter. Downside is, the flat rate 20.00$ shipping charge, so it is best to order a large amount.

Now that I think of it, I bought a lot of live foods from these folks from over the years, not just crickets!

However, Petsmart and Petco both sell pinhead crickets now, both in bulk and in clever little prepackaged boxes.

SludgeMunkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2009   #3 (permalink)
Caudata.org Donor

Nationality:
Rep: Alejandro has given consistently good advice and informationAlejandro has given consistently good advice and informationAlejandro has given consistently good advice and information

I get mine from Armstrong's Cricket Farm (800)345-8778. Ask for Tammie.

Alejandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2009   #4 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: ferret_corner has given consistently excellent advice and informationferret_corner has given consistently excellent advice and informationferret_corner has given consistently excellent advice and informationferret_corner has given consistently excellent advice and informationferret_corner has given consistently excellent advice and information

Rick look up your local reptile club. Someone is buying pinheads for his baby whatevers. Maybe you can chip in and get a share?

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow a mystery, but Today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.
Master Oogway
ferret_corner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2009   #5 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: merk199 has given consistently good advice and informationmerk199 has given consistently good advice and informationmerk199 has given consistently good advice and informationmerk199 has given consistently good advice and information

Hehe...thats me there as well. I have interests in dendros as well caudates....

merk199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2009   #6 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 97
Comments: 46
Rep: Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret_corner View Post
Rick look up your local reptile club. Someone is buying pinheads for his baby whatevers. Maybe you can chip in and get a share?
Right, there is probably someone in your area getting them, it's a matter of hooking up with the right person. Ask around if anyone knows any lizard breeders. Maybe even post an ad on Craigs List or something. Call some of the "obscure" pet shops in the area - they might know some local herp breeders, even if they don't carry pinheads. Good luck!

Tags
crix, massachusetts, pinhead, wtb

LinkBack