The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Looking for new aquarium/vivarium for my Tiger Salamander...

This is a discussion on Looking for new aquarium/vivarium for my Tiger Salamander... within the Wanted in the USA forums, part of the Species Wanted, Items Sought category; Time to upgrade! I've currently got my Ambystoma tigrinum in a standard 10 gallon glass aquarium, and I'm looking to ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th June 2012   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 9
Comments: 0
Rep: nwmnnaturalist is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgnwmnnaturalist is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgnwmnnaturalist is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgnwmnnaturalist is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgnwmnnaturalist is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgnwmnnaturalist is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org
Default Looking for new aquarium/vivarium for my Tiger Salamander...

Time to upgrade! I've currently got my Ambystoma tigrinum in a standard 10 gallon glass aquarium, and I'm looking to upgrade her to at LEAST a 30 gallon. I'm having a hard time finding anything online, and I'm about ready to buy supplies to build one. BUT, if someone has something available for a reasonable price, I'll be willing to pay for shipping. Working does take up my time and can make it harder to get the project done myself.

I'm looking for something that is at least 30 gallons. Maximum 50 gallons. I'm looking for something that is already built, OR can be shipped in pieces and put back together. Max that I'm willing to spend is $100 US on the habitat itself (perhaps more w/shipping). I'm willing to take things that need a little repair or need to be reassembled or improved upon.

I prefer an all-glass/acrylic/plexi habitat so that she's safer from our other pets. Open top with a hood/screen is good. I'm willing to take things that might have some cracks that can be sealed so that they are safe, but don't want anything that will be TOO messed up to preserve clarity and safety.

The budget is pretty tight, and I'm just throwing this out to see what people can offer. If you just have panels or frames, I'm willing to look at that since it may take a big chunk out of the effort I have to produce.

nwmnnaturalist is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack