The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Michael Shrom / Above Average Amphibians (USA)

This is a discussion on Michael Shrom / Above Average Amphibians (USA) within the Testimonials forums, part of the Advertisements for Newts & Salamanders category; man once again i've gotten newts from him and as usual the animals and their price was fantastic. if you ...

Testimonials The place to post info about good or bad deals with people and companies. Reading is open to anyone, including unregistered visitors - this means these pages are viewable by anyone so mind your Ps and Qs. Posting is open to Registered Caudata.org Members only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th July 2007   #1 (permalink)
Asian Newt Group

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: jshadowstalker has shown reliable knowledge
Talking Michael Shrom / Above Average Amphibians (USA)

man once again i've gotten newts from him and as usual the animals and their price was fantastic. if you are looking for great looking animals and friendly knowlege....then look no further, he's your 1 stop asian and europe newt/salamander shopping spot. Only thing that would make him perfect would be if he liked tiger salamanders =)

jshadowstalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007   #2 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 204
Comments: 118
Rep: John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

Mister Shrom is a pillar of the community . What did you get from Michael, if I may ask?

Old 21st July 2007   #3 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 97
Comments: 46
Rep: Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11

Actually, John, jody's original post included the species name, but I edited it out. It seemed to be like a referral to a source of WC animals, which we generally edit out.

But I certainly agree... Michael is a pillar of the community.

Jennewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2008   #4 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Comments: 10
Rep: Jake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

About 1/4 of my newt collection came from Mr. Shrom, and I've never had a bad deal with him. I see myself doing business with him many times in the future and highly recommend him to any serious enthusiast looking to aquire newts on his list.

Here are a few of the species I've aquired from him:

Mesotriton alpestris apuanus
Triturus dobrogicus
Triturus marmoratus
Lissotriton vulgaris
Lissotriton montandoni
Hynobius dunni
Ambystoma mexicanum

Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2008   #5 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: clefty has started on the right path

Hi. Just wondering how I find contact info on Mr. Shrom. I'm wondering if he'll send to canada? :)

clefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2008   #6 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Comments: 10
Rep: Jake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

He might consider sending to Canada, but you'd really have to ask him yourself. You can find him on this forum, just search through the users and he's listed as michael+ or Michael Shrom in Pa. USA.

Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2008   #7 (permalink)
2010 Research Grant Donor

Nationality:
Rep: michael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

I rarely import and do not export. Canadian officials aren't bad for you to import animals but USFW requires an export permit and inspection for outgoing animals. CITES animals (which include axolotls) are even worse to get permits for. Every year the laws and procedures get more complex. Whenever possible it is best to try to obtain c.b. animals in your own country.

michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2008   #8 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: freves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.org
Default Re: newts-r-shrom (USA)

I have dealt with Michael on several occasions over the past few years, both buying and selling, and certainly have never been disappointed. I received a much anticipated (and expensive) box today. I can only reitirate what has already been said. He is a very knowledgable and friendly person to deal with. His service is top notch and the animals look great.
Chip

freves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2008   #9 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Rep: ferret_corner has given consistently excellent advice and informationferret_corner has given consistently excellent advice and informationferret_corner has given consistently excellent advice and informationferret_corner has given consistently excellent advice and informationferret_corner has given consistently excellent advice and information

I thought there was a permanent referral list for popular or consistent sellers on these forums?

But JIC there isn't and my long ago posted comment has disappeared...

I'd like to add my hearty endorsement to Mr. Shromm! A few years ago (wish I could remember how long ago) I purchased 10 assorted axolotls from him. All of them lived for years until I got sick and the family had some confusion and fed them cat food. << smhs >>

I only managed to save one but I really missed seeing their graceful forms gliding through the water, and this past spring ordered some more. Its only been a few months they've all developed just fine and look perfectly lovely.

The Axolotls were packed efficiently and perfectly. No leakage. All of them 20(+?) total arrived alive and thrived.

Everyone who sees them wants them. And to date I've been persuaded to part with a few. 3 I think.

Thank you Michael!

Sharon

ferret_corner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2009   #10 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: merk199 has given consistently good advice and informationmerk199 has given consistently good advice and informationmerk199 has given consistently good advice and informationmerk199 has given consistently good advice and information

Once again springtails from Michael A++++++

merk199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2009   #11 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: mifuneaxie has started on the right path

I received my axolotl from Michael Shrom today and I am very happy with it! I will defiantly keep Michael in mind when (if) I ever want to get another axolotl!

Thanks again!

mifuneaxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2009   #12 (permalink)
Caudata.org Donor

Nationality:
Rep: Alejandro has given consistently good advice and informationAlejandro has given consistently good advice and informationAlejandro has given consistently good advice and information

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotchikisu View Post
I received my axolotl from Michael Shrom today and I am very happy with it! I will defiantly keep Michael in mind when (if) I ever want to get another axolotl!

Thanks again!
Defiantly or definitely?

Alejandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2009   #13 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: cichlidjedi has shown reliable knowledge
Thumbs up Above Average Amphibians

I received 4 C.B. Ambystoma andersoni from Above Average Amphibians today and the animals were in great shape. Michael Shrom was a easy to deal with and I will look into buying more future animals from him. Thanks Michael for the beautiful animals.

Chuck

cichlidjedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2010   #14 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 8
Rep: supergrappler has shown reliable knowledge
Thumbs up Re: Michael Shrom / Above Average Amphibians (USA)

Thank you for the springtails and beetles Michael! They were well received.

supergrappler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2010   #15 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 5
Rep: dragonlady is a mainstay of Caudata.orgdragonlady is a mainstay of Caudata.orgdragonlady is a mainstay of Caudata.orgdragonlady is a mainstay of Caudata.orgdragonlady is a mainstay of Caudata.orgdragonlady is a mainstay of Caudata.orgdragonlady is a mainstay of Caudata.org
Default Re: Michael Shrom / Above Average Amphibians (USA)

I just wanted to offer another thumbs up to Michael. I attended the MD reptile show today in Havre de Grace where I had the opportunity to have a pleasant conversation with Michael, as well as purchase 3 beautiful axolotl from him. I bought a leucistic, a gfp wildtype, and a gfp melanoid. All are healthy, active cuties with gorgeous coloring. I will happily post new pics once they have had a few days to settle in. Thank you, Michael, for being patient as I asked my mundane questions, never rushing me through our transaction, and of course, for raising such exquisite animals!

dragonlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010   #16 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: deliriah is an unknown quantity at this point

Great to see the rave reviews here, in favor of Micheal Shrom. After much searching and comparing he is the person I plan to purchase my axolotls from.

Micheal, I do still have your pricelist and email, I think I'm just being a nervous ninny, trying to be sure everything is perfect for them. You will be hearing from me soon.

deliriah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2010   #17 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: tmorgan is an unknown quantity at this point

I just bought two axolotls from Michael and I couldn't be happier! He helped me figure everything out and he was patient with all of my questions. :)
They arrived very healthy and came out with an appetite!
I recommend Michael to anyone!

tmorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2010   #18 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 16
Rep: jclee is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgjclee is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgjclee is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgjclee is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgjclee is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgjclee is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

Ditto. I'd write something more detailed, but I think everyone's covered it. Michael Shrom is awesome.

Old 17th March 2011   #19 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: warrior has shown reliable knowledge

I just recieved Danube newt eggs from him and they wer'e packed very carefully so the eggs wouldn't move much if at all during shipment.I have recieved previous eggs and newts from Mr.Shrom in the past and they turned out great as well.Great person to deal with.

warrior is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amphibians, average, michael, newtsrshrom, shrom, usa

LinkBack