The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Karma Farm Aquatics

This is a discussion on Karma Farm Aquatics within the Testimonials forums, part of the Advertisements for Newts & Salamanders category; I placed an order with this company on 4 January for 2 large orders of daphnia. I requested (and paid ...

Testimonials The place to post info about good or bad deals with people and companies. Reading is open to anyone, including unregistered visitors - this means these pages are viewable by anyone so mind your Ps and Qs. Posting is open to Registered Caudata.org Members only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th January 2009   #1 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 45
Comments: 62
Rep: Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11
Default Karma Farm Aquatics

I placed an order with this company on 4 January for 2 large orders of daphnia. I requested (and paid for) overnight shipping. The order had not arrived by the end of the week.

I sent two emails and left 3 voicemails with this company, requesting an update on my order. As of today (16 January), I have still yet to hear from them.

I have filed a claim with paypal to get a refund on my payment.

The email address listed on their paypal invoice is different from the email address listed on their website, which is different from the email address listed by paypal in the claim. The phone number they have listed on their website is also different from the phone number they have listed on their paypal account.

My claim with paypal is waiting on a response from the seller, but I doubt they'll hear from them any more than I have.

I would advise anyone to not do business with this company.

Kaysie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2009   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 97
Comments: 46
Rep: Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11
Default Re: Karma Farm Aquatics

Sounds like you have a case of... bad karma. (sorry)

Hope you get a refund, and thanks for the tip.

Old 16th January 2009   #3 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Rep: Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11

I further investigated the company (which is a rare fish breeder), and have found that I'm not the only person that has been jilted.

Old 16th January 2009   #4 (permalink)
2010 Research Grant Donor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: michael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

Try Dallas discus for daphnia. They usually advertise on aquabid. I'm temporarily off daphnia. It seems like when I use lots of daphnia I eventually wind up with hydra everywhere.

michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2009   #5 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:

Thanks for that, Michael. I've never heard a bad thing about Dallas Discus.

Just goes to show you should stick with the tried-and-true instead of branching out.

Old 18th January 2009   #6 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Comments: 0
Rep: onetwentysix goes to 11onetwentysix goes to 11onetwentysix goes to 11onetwentysix goes to 11onetwentysix goes to 11onetwentysix goes to 11onetwentysix goes to 11onetwentysix goes to 11onetwentysix goes to 11onetwentysix goes to 11onetwentysix goes to 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaysie View Post
Thanks for that, Michael. I've never heard a bad thing about Dallas Discus.

Just goes to show you should stick with the tried-and-true instead of branching out.
I've had lots of success with Dallas Discus, would recommend them.

onetwentysix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2009   #7 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 58
Comments: 71
Rep: Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11

Why didn't I read this before I ordered??? I lost $57 to them.

Otterwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2009   #8 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:

That sucks, Dawn. If you paypal-ed, go after them.

I never did update this, but they gave paypal a phony tracking number, and paypal founded in my favor and gave me my money back.

Old 21st June 2009   #9 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: ferret_corner has given consistently excellent advice and informationferret_corner has given consistently excellent advice and informationferret_corner has given consistently excellent advice and informationferret_corner has given consistently excellent advice and informationferret_corner has given consistently excellent advice and information

I did a search to see if anyone had started a review or complaint about them on one of the review sites and - um - I could be wrong but someone seems to be claiming they started Karma Aquatics and are now looking for a managerial position...

anyone else got an interpretation of this... http://www.gobignetwork.com/profiles...on-fought.aspx

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow a mystery, but Today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.
Master Oogway
ferret_corner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2009   #10 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Rep: Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11

That's the name on two of the emails I got from the company. I paid with a credit card and I'm going to dispute it.
I'm calling them monday morning. I just got the cc bill this morning.

Old 26th June 2009   #11 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:

Well, well, well...I emailed them three times on Monday, saying I was going to contact my cc company; I filled out the dispute claim with my cc company and mailed it in; then I emailed them saying I filled out the dispute claim; and guess what was in my front entry when I got back from work last night...my order!! Complete and alive (I had ordered daphnia, etc).

Old 26th June 2009   #12 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:

Glad you got your order, Dawn.

Tags
aquatics, farm, karma

LinkBack