The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

ReptilesNCritters

This is a discussion on ReptilesNCritters within the Testimonials forums, part of the Advertisements for Newts & Salamanders category; My animals came by Fed Ex today. Not at 10:30 am as promised by Fed Ex but at 3:30 pm. ...

Testimonials The place to post info about good or bad deals with people and companies. Reading is open to anyone, including unregistered visitors - this means these pages are viewable by anyone so mind your Ps and Qs. Posting is open to Registered Caudata.org Members only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st August 2009   #21 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 1
Comments: 7
Rep: Coastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.org
Default Re: ReptilesNCritters

My animals came by Fed Ex today. Not at 10:30 am as promised by Fed Ex but at 3:30 pm. Lets say I was freaking out for 4 hours. My CB adult A. andersoni arrived in very nice shape. In a doubled plastic bag with plenty of water. It was shipped in a styro lined box. At 4 inches long I think she has some more growing to do before I would call it an adult. She was a bit thin but ate a good sized earthworm right away. I also bought 1 dwarf siren (Pseudobranchus striatus ). It is 3 inchs long and very dark in color. It came with three rubs on its skin. It is not yet in that nice adult gold color. It came in a container with a 1/4 inch of water with some moss in with it. I'm wondering if it is a dwarf siren at all and not a very young Greater or lesser siren instead. I need to do some research today. it is so small but its head seems to be the the right shape. I guess I will see as long as the rubs don't become something worse. The A. andersoni was 189.00 and the siren was 69.99 I do feel they were pricey. I don't ever see sirens for sale at the shows near me. I would probally order again if they had something I really really wanted like Great Plains Toads. Any time my my animals get to me alive I'm happy. But I probally over paid. But that is why I have a job.

Coastal Groovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2009   #22 (permalink)
Caudata.org Donor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Nathan050793 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgNathan050793 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgNathan050793 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgNathan050793 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgNathan050793 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgNathan050793 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgNathan050793 is a mainstay of Caudata.org

Congratulations, Bill! I'm glad that it all worked out for you. That does sound a bit pricey, but it's nice to hear more feedback about that place.

Wollemi
(Look around you)
-Australian Aboriginal saying

Nathan050793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2009   #23 (permalink)
Salamandra Enthusiast

Nationality:
Comments: 2
Rep: firesalamander has started on the right path

About a year ago I ordered fire bellied newts from them. First of all we paid for overnight shipping and it came 2 weeks later. Second is when they arrived one of them was badly deceased.

Albert Einstein
firesalamander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2009   #24 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Rep: Coastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.org

My "adult" A.andersoni came in at 4 inches. No where near the size of an adult. They definitly charged me an adult price for it. Im about to aquire a few more 4 inch sized animals for half that price. The animal is very healthy though and has all it's eyes, legs and toes. It just needed to be fed. It ate a worm as soon as it got into its new tank. My dwarf Siren came in with a few rubs on it. Where the skin is not black but rubbed white. It is about 4 inches in length. Im watching it carefully

Old 24th August 2009   #25 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 204
Comments: 118
Rep: John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

I just got their weekly newsletter and they have Great Plains Toads on sale, supposedly in stock.

Old 28th August 2009   #26 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:

My 4 Great Plains toads are very very nice. But they look to be all males. I asked for 2 pairs. 3 of them chirp when held. They sent me two huge ones and two smaller ones. I think they sexed them by size. When you gently pull back on the skin under their throat you see the dark area of their call sacs. Im guessing that is how you sex them like B. Americanus and B. w. fowleri. Dealing with them has been a mixed bag. I will probally order again if they have something I really want. Everything did reach me alive and with all their limbs that is alot better than alot places. On a high note these toads ate super worms right from my finger tips. They were still even in their shipping cups!!!!

Old 2nd September 2009   #27 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:

In an attempt to get a female a female Great Plains Toad I ordered 10 more......yes as someone here said to me Now the Addiction Starts. I asked for all females. I thought "I have to get one female" So they came yesterday. Fed Ex came with them at 11:30am. Just 1 hour late instead of the 5 hours late the last time they were used. In the past month Fed Ex has only been on time 1 out of 4 times. I opened the box to find 10 toads. Three of them were small like a chubby little half dollar. They look to be females though. Three of them are what I would call normal 3 1/2 inch size for a toad. 2 females and 1 male. Then there are the 4 bigs ones 3 of which turned out to be females and one is just huge. So they sent me 8 females and two males. Not so bad I guess. So I have a total of 8 females and 6 males. Thats what I call a breeding colony. I didn't get 10 females but I'm still happy. They are all very healthy. Well fed looking. And came without any of the reg leg infection from sitting in their own waste. So Im happy Hopefully spring will be fruitful. I just read online that my large female could lay 2000 eggs. That is just nuts. I'm fatting them up for their winter cool down now.

Old 21st September 2009   #28 (permalink)
2010 Research Grant Donor

Nationality:
Comments: 0
Rep: michael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillYannone View Post
My animals came by Fed Ex today. Not at 10:30 am as promised by Fed Ex but at 3:30 pm. The A. andersoni was 189.00 and the siren was 69.99 I do feel they were pricey. I don't ever see sirens for sale at the shows near me. I would probally order again if they had something I really really wanted like Great Plains Toads. Any time my my animals get to me alive I'm happy. But I probally over paid. But that is why I have a job.
I'd love to see a picture of that imported Ambystoma andersoni next to one of the c.b. U.S. ones.

michael is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
reptilesncritters

LinkBack