The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

ReptilesNCritters

This is a discussion on ReptilesNCritters within the Testimonials forums, part of the Advertisements for Newts & Salamanders category; Has anyone ever bought from here? I was planning on buying from these guys but I just wanted a second ...

Testimonials The place to post info about good or bad deals with people and companies. Reading is open to anyone, including unregistered visitors - this means these pages are viewable by anyone so mind your Ps and Qs. Posting is open to Registered Caudata.org Members only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th March 2009   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: BMOC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ReptilesNCritters

Has anyone ever bought from here?
I was planning on buying from these guys but I just wanted a second or third opinion before I but from them.

Thanks

BMOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2009   #2 (permalink)
d4d

Nationality:
Rep: d4d has a given some bad advice or info, or has behaved inappropriately
Default Re: ReptilesNCritters

I also considered them though they didn't have my preferred species. Did you end up ordering? How'd it go!?

d4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2009   #3 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 204
Comments: 118
Rep: John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

There's a feedback thread for them on this forum - do a search. It also is one of the first search results from google looking for feedback on them. I've been tempted by some of what they have but never pressed the order button because their shipping price is a real kick in the nether region since I live close to their shipping facility and they don't allow pickup. Regarding feedback, I could never find any distinctly negative feedback but I never found any overwhelmingly positive feedback either.

Old 17th August 2009   #4 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:
Rep: John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

The thread I'm talking about is already linked in the "similar thread" section at the bottom of this thread.

Old 17th August 2009   #5 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 1
Comments: 7
Rep: Coastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.org

Ive been looking all week myself but not knowing anything about them has kept me from ordering

Coastal Groovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2009   #6 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 58
Comments: 71
Rep: Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11

Here:

reptilesncritters.com???

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions | My Blog
Otterwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2009   #7 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: freves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.org

I ordered some carnivorous plants last year from what must be their sister company because ever since then I have been getting their email lists. I have never ordered anything from them but I could not help but notice that they seem to be a bit pricey on many animals, in many cases being even more expensive than buying locally from a petshop.
Chip

freves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2009   #8 (permalink)
Caudata.org Donor

Nationality:
Rep: Nathan050793 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgNathan050793 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgNathan050793 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgNathan050793 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgNathan050793 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgNathan050793 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgNathan050793 is a mainstay of Caudata.org

With the price they charge for shipping and the knowledge that the majority of the animals are WC, I just don't know how keen I'd be on ordering from a site that messes up some of its species names.

Wollemi
(Look around you)
-Australian Aboriginal saying

Nathan050793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2009   #9 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Rep: Coastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.org

I just ordered 1 A. Andersoni, 1 dwarf siren, 2 Great Plains Toads (Bufo cognatus) , and 2 Marbled shovelnose frogs(Hemisus marmoratus) they get here tomorrow by 10:30 am. I'll let all know how it goes. When I get home from work and get to check everything out.

Old 17th August 2009   #10 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:

I greatly anticipate your findings Bill, as I'm sure a lot of people do - it'll be the first real feedback on the entire Internet.

Old 18th August 2009   #11 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 298
Comments: 24
Rep: Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11

I've ordered from them 3 times. The last 2 orders something arrived dead, I can't say whether it was due to shipping or more than likely stress from being WC animals. Now, the animals that did arrive alive were in great shape. I would order from them again if I knew the animal is CB.

Old 18th August 2009   #12 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatwtehunter View Post
I've ordered from them 3 times. The last 2 orders something arrived dead, I can't say whether it was due to shipping or more than likely stress from being WC animals. Now, the animals that did arrive alive were in great shape. I would order from them again if I knew the animal is CB.
Do they sell any CB?

Old 18th August 2009   #13 (permalink)
Caudata.org Donor

Nationality:
Rep: Nathan050793 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgNathan050793 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgNathan050793 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgNathan050793 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgNathan050793 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgNathan050793 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgNathan050793 is a mainstay of Caudata.org

At the moment they claim to have CB adult Ambystoma andersoni, adult Taricha torosa, and juvenile Triturus marmoratus.

Wollemi
(Look around you)
-Australian Aboriginal saying

Nathan050793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2009   #14 (permalink)
2010 Research Grant Donor

Nationality:
Rep: michael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
Do they sell any CB?
My guess is the Ambystoma andersoni are c.b. All of the A. andersoni I've seen offered in the U.S. so far are supposed to be c.b.

michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2009   #15 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 298
Comments: 24
Rep: Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
Do they sell any CB?
Supposedly they do. They'll state CB in the animal size section if they are.

Old 19th August 2009   #16 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:

This is the email I just got from them. I'm not very happy. Why wouldn't they ship what they had? Is that just me or would everyone be wondering the same thing? I'm afaid they might run out of the other animals now!
I'm just going to have them ship what they have . I had to make sure that someone would be around to take in and sign for this and now I will have to do find someone again. Which is no easy task sometimes.
William Yannone

Thank you for purchasing off of our website, ReptilesNCritters.com.
However we cannot complete your order because we just became out-of-
stock of both great plains toads and marbled shovel nosed frogs.

We would like to give you the opportunity of choosing other animals
from our in-stock selections. We will not ship a partial order so
please get back to us with alternate animals or you can ask us to ship
everything minus the great plains toads and marbled shovel nosed frogs.

Thank you,
Robert Crespo
ReptilesNCritters.com

Old 19th August 2009   #17 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:

My reply.....

You should have sent me the animals that you still had in stock. I don't want any other animals just the ones I ordered. I understand stock runs out but now my friend who agreed to take in my package will have to make sure he is home on another day. And now Im worried you will sell out of the other animals before you ship to me. Do I have to re-order from the website or will you adjust the order I have already placed? If you ship today please let me know. Thank you Bill

Old 19th August 2009   #18 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:

Bill thanks for getting back to us. Actually I have heard they list things on their web site even when they are out of them.

Old 19th August 2009   #19 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:

their reply and my reply back to them..... My animals are on the way.

We don't ship orders that are incomplete because 99% of the time the customers do not like it when we ship a partial order. We cannot read minds and do not know of every possible pick-up arrangement that our customers make to receive their packages. We will ship your order today minus the great Plains Toads and Shovel Nosed frogs and you will receive the order on Thursday morning. You will also receive a refund for the out-of-stock animals.

Thank you,
Robert Crespo

People are strange you would you would think they would want what they orderd. Even without the out of stock animals. Unless they are trying to get their moneys worth from the shipping. Im able to have someone there for the delivery so all works out. I can't wait for my new animals. Please email if the Great Plains toads and shovelnose frogs become available.

Thank you for your shipment concern and prompt service, Bill Yannone
ReptilesNCritters.com

Old 20th August 2009   #20 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:

My money was refunded for the animals that were out of stock very quickly. And I was notified by email that my animals were sent. Points for them. I like them for that. My animals left Texas at 8:56pm. Im leaving work early today. They don't know it yet. I feel a illness coming on.

Tags
reptilesncritters

LinkBack