The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

ED's Fly Meat

This is a discussion on ED's Fly Meat within the Testimonials forums, part of the Advertisements for Newts & Salamanders category; ED's Fly Meat: http://www.edsflymeat.com/ I placed an order with this company yesterday for their fruit fly starter kit. To Erin's ...

Testimonials The place to post info about good or bad deals with people and companies. Reading is open to anyone, including unregistered visitors - this means these pages are viewable by anyone so mind your Ps and Qs. Posting is open to Registered Caudata.org Members only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th June 2009   #1 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 204
Comments: 118
Rep: John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)
Default ED's Fly Meat

ED's Fly Meat: http://www.edsflymeat.com/

I placed an order with this company yesterday for their fruit fly starter kit. To Erin's credit she called me this morning to tell me that she was worried my flies wouldn't survive the journey to me given my current warm weather. So we re-organized the order so that I just ordered equipment (which cost about $8 less). I had paid by Paypal originally so I asked Erin about getting my $8 back and she said she couldn't refund it and that they would put it against any future order I make. I'm not pleased about that - as someone who uses Paypal a lot I know how easy it is to do partial refunds.

Verdict: I'm going to think twice before I order again.

FYI she told me that Petco fruitflies marked "The Fruitfly Company" are actually from them.

Old 4th June 2009   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Kurt has given good advice and informationKurt has given good advice and informationKurt has given good advice and information
Default Re: ED's Fly Meat

Well, John if you lived up here, I would just had you some flies to get you started.

Old 4th June 2009   #3 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:
Rep: John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

Thanks Kurt, I appreciate the thought.

Old 4th June 2009   #4 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Kurt has given good advice and informationKurt has given good advice and informationKurt has given good advice and information

You're welcome. I am up to my *** in them right now. Of course once the tadpoles start morphing, I probably won't have any.

Old 4th June 2009   #5 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 97
Comments: 46
Rep: Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11

Maybe you could use the credit to get some salmon pellets, if you still have any neotenics.

It is odd (and rather substandard) that they wouldn't issue a partial refund.

Old 5th June 2009   #6 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:

Yes, it was disappointing. My last aquatic caudate (Ambystoma annulatum) officially metamorphosed a few days ago so they had nothing of interest to me to add to the order - I looked through the site while she was on the phone.

Old 5th June 2009   #7 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Velaria has shown reliable knowledge

I can say that I have had nothing but wonderful dealings with both Erin and Dave. They are professional and friendly, and they did their best to get me the lowest shipping costs.

Velaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2009   #8 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: NewtZoo has started on the right path

Yeah I have had good experience with Erin and Dave especially since they were a short drive from Seattle. That's weird that they couldnt cold (4-degree) pack some larva and send those your way. I have worked in a few fly labs and found them to be very hardy? If you live close to any major University's most have fly labs with excess Vestigial wing flies.

NewtZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2009   #9 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: nora has started on the right path

I have had a good experience. Erin gave lots of info and the food arrived quicker than expected.

nora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2009   #10 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:

I agree with you - Erin was very helpful but she didn't give me the partial refund she should have when we changed my order.

Old 19th July 2009   #11 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: SUZY has shown reliable knowledge

I've never had a problem with Erin or Dave myself, I wish that this could get clearsd up somehow, as these have been great people to m and mine.

SUZY is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fly, meat

LinkBack