The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Seapets

This is a discussion on Seapets within the Testimonials forums, part of the Advertisements for Newts & Salamanders category; Hi guys! Have any of you ever used Seapets (a UK based store) to purchase items? THREE WEEKS ago, I ...

Testimonials The place to post info about good or bad deals with people and companies. Reading is open to anyone, including unregistered visitors - this means these pages are viewable by anyone so mind your Ps and Qs. Posting is open to Registered Caudata.org Members only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th June 2009   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: flan123 has shown reliable knowledgeflan123 has shown reliable knowledge
Default Seapets

Hi guys!

Have any of you ever used Seapets (a UK based store) to purchase items?

THREE WEEKS ago, I ordered a lovely aztec ornament (temple ruins with steps and a hiding place) and a lovely hollow log for my tank.

I called last week and they said that the temple ruins we're 'lost in the post' and I need to wait at least another two weeks for that, and that the hollow log is 'out of stock' and they don't know when it will be back in stock. At the time of online purchase, both were in stock.
Yet, they are quite happy to take money from my account!!!

Anyone else with a similar story from other online aquatics stores or, indeed, seapets?

Cheers, Mike.

flan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2009   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 0
Rep: pinkangel729 has started on the right path
Default Re: Seapets

I use practical fish keeping and they have mentioned this store a few times.

I am sure someone said it had actually gone bust!

pinkangel729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2009   #3 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 97
Comments: 46
Rep: Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11

I am going to move this thread to the Testimonials area of the forum.

Old 1st March 2011   #4 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Comments: 5
Rep: mewsie is a mainstay of Caudata.orgmewsie is a mainstay of Caudata.orgmewsie is a mainstay of Caudata.orgmewsie is a mainstay of Caudata.orgmewsie is a mainstay of Caudata.orgmewsie is a mainstay of Caudata.orgmewsie is a mainstay of Caudata.org

Thought I'd take a moment to add to this admittedly quiite old thread.

I've had two encounters with Seapets in recent times, neither of which were a success.

Firstly I ordered some silk plants last year. After waiting for 2 weeks, and receiving no goods or contact, i sent them an email. 2 days later I got a reply saying they were out of stock, and that they would have more stock in 'on Thursday' (few days away). I told them i still wanted the order, and they promised to ship out then. Another week passed and nothing, so i cancelled the order.

When i was buying my new tank recently I decided to give them another go, as they had everything i wanted from one place. Again, i wait, and after several days they phone me to say the 'free UK mainland' shipping didn't apply to, well, mainland UK, and said they would be taking another 12.50 off my card. When I told them that while placing a 500 order, I didn't expect them to mess me around on false advertising, they flatly refused to budge, so i cancelled the order.

I've since heard quite a lot of horror stories about seapets, but as they are from other people, its not for me to say. Just wanted to vent a little.

Got my new tank elsewhere and it's fab.

mewsie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
seapets

LinkBack