The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

suggestions wanted for a new cricket supplier

This is a discussion on suggestions wanted for a new cricket supplier within the Testimonials forums, part of the Advertisements for Newts & Salamanders category; Well my main source for buying crickets went out of business so I am now looking for a new supplier. ...

Testimonials The place to post info about good or bad deals with people and companies. Reading is open to anyone, including unregistered visitors - this means these pages are viewable by anyone so mind your Ps and Qs. Posting is open to Registered Caudata.org Members only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th June 2009   #1 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 1
Rep: freves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.org
Default suggestions wanted for a new cricket supplier

Well my main source for buying crickets went out of business so I am now looking for a new supplier. I spent over an hour checking various websites the other day, comparing prices and so forth. I do not need that many compared to those who have really large collections and I would like to find a dealer that is on the east coast if possible and will combine sizes. Suggestions?
Chip

freves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2009   #2 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 298
Comments: 24
Rep: Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11
Default Re: suggestions wanted for a new cricket supplier

I order mine from The Cricket Factory. I spend $11 for 1,000 any size, I am not sure what you have been paying.

Old 30th June 2009   #3 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: freves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.org

Thanks Justin. I'll check them out. I had been getting mine from Zooquatic Pet Center. They sold 500 for 11.00 and I could combine sizes. I hate the thought of having to order them again but it is too expensive to pay standard pet store prices.
Chip

freves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2009   #4 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 0
Rep: cg has given consistently good advice and informationcg has given consistently good advice and informationcg has given consistently good advice and informationcg has given consistently good advice and information

Whatever you do, do not go to wormman worm farm! I had a problem a few yrs ago where they would ship your order a month after the order was placed. That happened twice ~ 3 yrs ago, so I stopped ordering through them. Figuring that they may have changed for the better, I placed an order with them last october. Two weeks went by, at this point I`m frustrated, called them everyday, several times a day for a week, never got to talk to a person, always got the answering machine. I left a meesage on their machine to cancel the order, and also e-mailed them cancelling my order and to refund my credit card that they had already charged. Well mid-December I arrived home from work to find a package of frozen pin-heads. I was still unable to get into cantact with anyone from their facility, and had to dispute the charges through my credit card company.

I was going through krazy karls, but the recession has hit them pretty hard. Since then I have just been breeding my own crickets and wax worms.

cg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2009   #5 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 42
Comments: 9
Rep: SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11

Ghann's Cricket Farm

http://www.ghann.com/

Outstanding prices and service!

SludgeMunkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cricket, suggestions, supplier, wanted

LinkBack