The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Anyone buy eggs from WET N' WILD(Slimer)?

This is a discussion on Anyone buy eggs from WET N' WILD(Slimer)? within the Testimonials forums, part of the Advertisements for Newts & Salamanders category; Hey I just wanted to ask if anyone has bought any eggs from Slimer? Because I already payed him, and ...

Testimonials The place to post info about good or bad deals with people and companies. Reading is open to anyone, including unregistered visitors - this means these pages are viewable by anyone so mind your Ps and Qs. Posting is open to Registered Caudata.org Members only.

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st February 2011   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 2
Rep: AxolotlboyxD has started on the right path
Default Anyone buy eggs from WET N' WILD(Slimer)?

Hey I just wanted to ask if anyone has bought any eggs from Slimer? Because I already payed him, and no eggs so far. I keep sending him messages if he sent them already, but no answer. I don't want the babies to hatch by the time he sent them because that's harmful to their health. So I'm hoping they come in, but just asking if anyone bought some eggs from him and actually got them in some time, because I'm getting anxious, and think I may have gotten scammed.

Last edited by Jacquie; 25th February 2011 at 23:42. Reason: Punctuation added.
AxolotlboyxD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2011   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 0
Rep: dragongirl413 has shown reliable knowledge
Default Re: Anyone buy eggs from WET N' WILD(Slimer)?

Hi. Since you're in Canada, I believe it's illegal to send perishable material across the border without special permits, etc. I haven't purchased anything from slimer.

dragongirl413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2011   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragongirl413 View Post
Hi. Since you're in Canada, I believe it's illegal to send perishable material across the border without special permits, etc. I haven't purchased anything from slimer.
Alright but he may have those permits required >_<

Old 21st February 2011   #4 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: dragongirl413 has shown reliable knowledge

I don't know much on the subject other than I won't ship internationally or to states where axolotls are illegal. You probably should have made sure he had a way to send them to Canada before you purchased. Hope you get ahold of him to sort it out.

dragongirl413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2011   #5 (permalink)

Nationality:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragongirl413 View Post
I don't know much on the subject other than I won't ship internationally or to states where axolotls are illegal. You probably should have made sure he had a way to send them to Canada before you purchased. Hope you get ahold of him to sort it out.
Yea i should have tho it was my first buy on here but thanks for the reassurance

Old 21st February 2011   #6 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: animalloversfb has given good advice and informationanimalloversfb has given good advice and information

When did you order? His first batch hatched shortly after his posting and he was unable to ship those. They laid a second batch shortly after, which I ordered some from and they got here and hatched out yesterday! I bet the issue is shipping to CAN which does require a lot of permits and would require a lot of work on both ends as they're CITES listed and international shipping is HIGHLY regulated.

animalloversfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2011   #7 (permalink)

Nationality:

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalloversfb View Post
When did you order? His first batch hatched shortly after his posting and he was unable to ship those. They laid a second batch shortly after, which I ordered some from and they got here and hatched out yesterday! I bet the issue is shipping to CAN which does require a lot of permits and would require a lot of work on both ends as they're CITES listed and international shipping is HIGHLY regulated.
I ordered one from the batch that he posted like a week ago, but nothing came. And also I keep sending him private messages saying "Did you send them?" but he never answers me. So I don't know what to think. Now I ordered 10, and I already payed, so I don't know, but even if it is because they are protected by CITES, he should have told me if he does not have a permit or not because that way I would've understood.

Last edited by Jacquie; 25th February 2011 at 23:45.
Old 21st February 2011   #8 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 45
Comments: 62
Rep: Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11

Axolotls cannot be shipped internationally without a LOT of (very expensive) paperwork.

Depending how you paid the seller, try using legal recourse to recover your money. If you used paypal, you can file a dispute with them and try to recoup your loss. If you didn't use paypal, I suggest doing so from here on out. It's one of the best ways to safeguard your money when making purchases online.

Kaysie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2011   #9 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: animalloversfb has given good advice and informationanimalloversfb has given good advice and information

Did you send him your address before you paid? I'd hope sellers would know that international shipping is pretty impossible w/o a lot of leg work and money. If you used paypal, open up a dispute and hopefully that will resolve it. He hasn't been on this site in several days so perhaps that is another reason why you haven't heard from him. I'd also email him if you have his direct email.

Old 21st February 2011   #10 (permalink)

Nationality:

It's alright it was my 1st buy although i did use paypal its just 25 dollars so i dont care that much i just wanted to know if anyone else got scammed if i did but he can atleast talk to me and if u dont mind could u pm him and ask whats up so i know cuz he doesnt seem to be talking to me so maybe u can help? if not then thanks for trying and thanks everyone for the input ill try to be more thoughtful about what i buy and who i buy it from next time

Old 21st February 2011   #11 (permalink)

Nationality:

Quote:
Did you send him your address before you paid? I'd hope sellers would know that international shipping is pretty impossible w/o a lot of leg work and money. If you used paypal, open up a dispute and hopefully that will resolve it. He hasn't been on this site in several days so perhaps that is another reason why you haven't heard from him. I'd also email him if you have his direct email.
Yes i did give him my full adress well i forgot the postal code in the begining but i sent it to him after and since that pm he hasnt been talking no matter wat i do

Old 21st February 2011   #12 (permalink)

Nationality:

I would still dispute it in paypal. It may only be $25, but he should at least be responding to your emails. Definitely email him with regular email if you haven't already. Paypal is pretty good about getting the money back for you in such cases. This site has many many posts about the legality of international shipping as well as the few states where its illegal to own them, so it doesn't seem likely that he wouldn't be aware of it.

Old 21st February 2011   #13 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: axolotlfriend is an unknown quantity at this point

i'm not trying to say anything but i do think its important to know that this guy has had issues in the past with his axolotl sales:

Inquiry Adam Manthey - FaunaClassifieds

axolotlfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2011   #14 (permalink)

Nationality:

Quote:
I would still dispute it in paypal. It may only be $25, but he should at least be responding to your emails. Definitely email him with regular email if you haven't already. Paypal is pretty good about getting the money back for you in such cases. This site has many many posts about the legality of international shipping as well as the few states where its illegal to own them, so it doesn't seem likely that he wouldn't be aware of it.
Exactly what I was thinking, so that's why I didn't ask, because I saw that he joined such a long time ago, and there is so many legality posts on this great site, so I don't know. I emailed him now. I've got to wait for his response. By the way, I forgot to say that I have two happy and healthy wild type axolotls that I got from Big Als in Hamilton.

Last edited by Jacquie; 25th February 2011 at 23:39. Reason: Text speak removed.
Old 21st February 2011   #15 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 204
Comments: 118
Rep: John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

We have recently received two complaints regarding this individual. If you get no resolution to your problem in the next few days, please post again and I will permanently ban the person in question from this web site. Thank you to Kaysie for bring this to my attention again.

John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2011   #16 (permalink)

Nationality:

Quote:
Originally Posted by axolotlfriend View Post
i'm not trying to say anything but i do think its important to know that this guy has had issues in the past with his axolotl sales:

Inquiry Adam Manthey - FaunaClassifieds
I actually saw that after I ordered as well, which is why I'm glad I ordered through paypal just in case. But the eggs I ordered from him did arrive and are doing fabulous. My only complaint was his slow response to emails, especially when my tracking number wasn't coming up and I never heard back about that(but they've arrived, so I wasn't going to push the issue).

Last edited by animalloversfb; 21st February 2011 at 23:32.
Old 21st February 2011   #17 (permalink)

Nationality:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
We have recently received two complaints regarding this individual. If you get no resolution to your problem in the next few days, please post again and I will permanently ban the person in question from this web site. Thank you to Kaysie for bring this to my attention again.
I'll definetly let you know, John. And by the way, I recently got a REPTILES magazine and it said the pics were taken by John P. Clare so I'm wondering if those were by you, and if so, I LOVE YOU. xD Your pics were so adorable :) By the way, I just found out he has more than a couple emails. His email he gave me was: time.for.some.action@hotmail.com but there is 2 more I found on the post that axolotlfriend showed me blueflamessuck@hotmail.com, snakeface1979@hotmail.com so I guess he does scam considering he has so many emails and what else could they be used for right?

Last edited by Jacquie; 25th February 2011 at 23:35. Reason: Text speak removed.
Old 26th February 2011   #18 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 204
Comments: 118
Rep: John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

He has been banned.

Regarding the photos in Reptiles, yes, that's me.

John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2011   #19 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: virginia has started on the right path

Hope you get your refund if not the eggs! Its not a large amount of money but it's the principle of it all. I've contacted some pet shops around the Toronto area to see if they are carrying or will be carrying axolotls in the near future. Will keep you posted as I know you want to add more to the group :)

-Vee

Old 26th February 2011   #20 (permalink)

Nationality:

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginia View Post
Hope you get your refund if not the eggs! Its not a large amount of money but it's the principle of it all. I've contacted some pet shops around the Toronto area to see if they are carrying or will be carrying axolotls in the near future. Will keep you posted as I know you want to add more to the group :)

-Vee
Please contact me if u do xD ill be happy to buy some from you if u buy some from the store :)

LinkBack