The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Recommended Earthworms from eBay (UK)

This is a discussion on Recommended Earthworms from eBay (UK) within the Testimonials forums, part of the Advertisements for Newts & Salamanders category; I'm thinking this might help anyone in the UK who needs some earthworms I've bought 3 lots from the same ...

Testimonials The place to post info about good or bad deals with people and companies. Reading is open to anyone, including unregistered visitors - this means these pages are viewable by anyone so mind your Ps and Qs. Posting is open to Registered Caudata.org Members only.

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By ACEPHONECHIC
  • 1 Post By Star
  • 1 Post By Lizamphid
  • 1 Post By ax
  • 1 Post By puppetmaster04
  • 1 Post By Star

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th April 2011   #1 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: memojo1979 has given good advice and informationmemojo1979 has given good advice and information
Thumbs up Recommended Earthworms from eBay (UK)

I'm thinking this might help anyone in the UK who needs some earthworms
I've bought 3 lots from the same seller on eBay eBay My World - worms2u + have been provided with as much information as I required (the worms are kept in an enclosed environment + do not have access to other soil / worms, they are fed natural foods, so no animal products + apart from the eggs, they have no contact with animal waste based compost either).
I can ask for specific sizes (I usually for 2-3cm or 3-4cm worms for my adult axies)+ I believe them to be good quality, at a good price.
Very friendly seller + doesn't seem to mind me being quite specific with my orders.
I bought 100 worms (which was actually around 150 of them!) on November 29th last year + they lasted my 3 adults until mid-February this year (including a transition period, as these were my axies' 1st earthworms, but they accepted them very quickly). The 2nd batch I bought was 250g (for 4.20 + 1.80P+P) on 18th February this year + they lasted my 3 adults until 27th April (including 2-3 weeks of feeding another 3 smaller adults that I'm looking after). They were breeding quite happily in my worm tub, but I've just bought 2 batches (500g for 8.40 + 3.10P+P), because of feeding my friends' axies too. The P+P for 250g has increased by 20p since my last purchase (because of Royal Mail increases).
All of my purchases have always arrived within 2-3 days, looking happy + healthy.

So, now there's no reason to say that you struggle to find worms for your guys

memojo1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2011   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 3
Rep: ACEPHONECHIC has started on the right path
Default Re: Recommended Earthworms from eBay (UK)

I agree in the uk we are lucky I buy mine from Exotic Pets and they are sent promptly always more worms in number than I paid for. I too can choose the size worms I want and find they live very happily in a plastic lidded fish tank.
They also breed as I have some very small baby ones that I did not purchase.

ACEPHONECHIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2011   #3 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 1
Comments: 2
Rep: Star has shown reliable knowledgeStar has shown reliable knowledge

Definitely recommend this ebay seller also! I ordered 100 worms around 4pm yesterday and they arrived lunch time today! They have been quickly accepted by my wild type, who ate 2 large ones! And by a couple of my babies. Not yet counted them but there was a very large, wriggly ball of worms :)

Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2011   #4 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Lizamphid has started on the right path

i have also had some worms of this seller and they arrived very quickly. and i was pleased that they were not tiger worms which are what a lot of worm sellers sell.
recommend

Lizamphid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2011   #5 (permalink)
ax

Nationality:
Comments: 6
Rep: ax has shown reliable knowledge

Second this, helpful advice when asked about even after I'd handed over the money and they'de arrived. great seller

>}(o_o){<
ax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2011   #6 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: puppetmaster04 has shown reliable knowledge

I'd like to try giving my adults some worms, looking at that ebay seller now but are earthworms the same as 'dendrobaena'? they're the only ones they're selling at the minute

puppetmaster04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2011   #7 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 1
Comments: 2
Rep: Star has shown reliable knowledgeStar has shown reliable knowledge

yup dendrobaena are a type of earth worm :) they are more readily accepted than some other types. If they don't take to them straight away then I've found that not feeding them for a few days that they will start to accept them.

Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2011   #8 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: puppetmaster04 has shown reliable knowledge

I bought some and they arrived but I couldn't feed them to my axies

The little worms were just too cute and I felt sorry for them so I released them into my garden!

puppetmaster04 is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack