The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Good Worms in the UK

This is a discussion on Good Worms in the UK within the Testimonials forums, part of the Advertisements for Newts & Salamanders category; I've bought a couple of batches from www.yorkshire-worms.co.uk : Supplying QUALITY Dendrobaena Worms for use in Fishing - Newport , ...

Testimonials The place to post info about good or bad deals with people and companies. Reading is open to anyone, including unregistered visitors - this means these pages are viewable by anyone so mind your Ps and Qs. Posting is open to Registered Caudata.org Members only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd February 2012   #1 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 1
Comments: 2
Rep: Star has shown reliable knowledgeStar has shown reliable knowledge
Thumbs up Good Worms in the UK

I've bought a couple of batches from www.yorkshire-worms.co.uk : Supplying QUALITY Dendrobaena Worms for use in Fishing - Newport , they have a shop on ebay as well. I've found them really good and the delivery is very speedy :)

Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2012   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: KingCanon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Good Worms in the UK

Cheers for the recommendation. I was speaking with a guy from Willy worms to see if they could pick out small worms to save having to dice them up... Heard nothing from him as yet so more gross snipping to be done lol

KingCanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2012   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 3
Rep: ACEPHONECHIC has started on the right path

worms direct are brilliant as well and choose the fishing bait and small worms and you will not need to cut any the sizes are perfect. free postage and speedy service.

ACEPHONECHIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2012   #4 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: hypno monkey is an unknown quantity at this point

My input on the matter.

@ Kingcanon - just my personal experience, but I have bought wormsfrom wilywormsand have twice recieved a tub of soil and no worms.

personally I use yorkshire worms ebay store and have always been very pleased and had happy axies.

Jade

hypno monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2012   #5 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: PAWS has shown reliable knowledgePAWS has shown reliable knowledge

Just a personal suggestion, if you have a local bait / fishing shop try there. They often have worms sorted into 3 sizes, small medium and large and a choice of Deb's or Lobworm.

If you order regularly and explain what you are after, many shops will make sure they have stock for you e.g. I want one tub every two weeks please! It also means you avoid the cost of postage and packaging!

I buy a tub of 20 "small" worms for £2. They are the perfect size for feeding to my 7 month old Axi's whole.

I know its easier to order on-line, but I do like to support my local economy and you may save a few pounds also :-)

PAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2012   #6 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: KingCanon is an unknown quantity at this point

Willy's worms seemed too reluctant to give me the information I wanted so I agree sod em.

I get mine from an angling shop at the moment but once I move I'm setting up a worm farm. I'm not entirely happy with the ones I get but my axies do not complain. They have an in shop wormery and all I wanted to do was trawl about for some small ones to save me some hassle.

Their worth the effort mind so hey ho

Sent from the comfort of my throne room

KingCanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2012   #7 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 25
Rep: Cliff has given good advice and informationCliff has given good advice and informationCliff has given good advice and information

I have used wormbait.co.uk, 100 lobs for £16 delivered, never had any problems. I hope this helps!

Cliff

Cliff is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack