The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Plantedtanks - avoid

This is a discussion on Plantedtanks - avoid within the Testimonials forums, part of the Advertisements for Newts & Salamanders category; I posted a recommendation for Plantedtanks before and I would like to take it back now. I recently ordered some ...

Testimonials The place to post info about good or bad deals with people and companies. Reading is open to anyone, including unregistered visitors - this means these pages are viewable by anyone so mind your Ps and Qs. Posting is open to Registered Caudata.org Members only.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By evut
  • 1 Post By evut

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th May 2012   #1 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 53
Comments: 10
Rep: evut is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgevut is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgevut is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgevut is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgevut is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgevut is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgevut is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgevut is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgevut is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgevut is considered an Authority at Caudata.org
Thumbs down Plantedtanks - avoid

I posted a recommendation for Plantedtanks before and I would like to take it back now. I recently ordered some aquarium plants from them again - five in total. The parcel was terribly packed. One of the plants was missing, one was covered in some strange spots (parasites, disease - who knows) and one was all broken because of the poor packaging and it was also the wrong species. It has been a month now and although I am really trying, I am not getting anywhere with their customer service. I would recommend that people avoid this company.

evut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2012   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: peter5930 has given consistently excellent advice and informationpeter5930 has given consistently excellent advice and informationpeter5930 has given consistently excellent advice and informationpeter5930 has given consistently excellent advice and informationpeter5930 has given consistently excellent advice and information
Default Re: Plantedtanks - avoid

Try the sellers on Ebay that do the big '50 plants for a tenner' deals. I've bought them and been happy with the results. You can't pick and choose what you want, so it won't help you if you have something particular in mind, but it's a cheap way to quickly get some greenery into your tanks.

Last edited by Jennewt; 20th May 2012 at 16:44. Reason: remove ebay link
peter5930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2012   #3 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 97
Comments: 46
Rep: Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11

At Eva's request, I removed her previously-posted recommendation for this vendor.

Last edited by Jennewt; 21st May 2012 at 14:04. Reason: update
Jennewt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2012   #4 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Rep: evut is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgevut is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgevut is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgevut is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgevut is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgevut is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgevut is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgevut is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgevut is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgevut is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

It is now nearly 2 months since the original order. I have had some communication with the seller, and we agreed a replacement. Nothing arrived and my emails and phone calls have been ignored since then. Today I decided to try and get some money back through Paypal - only to find out that the time limit for disputes is 45 days.

Old 30th June 2012   #5 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:

To be fair I thought I should post about the latest development: my phone call was finally answered and it turned out the person had been away in the States, which is a fair explanation for not answering the phone; not very good though if your mobile is the only number given as contact on your website and no-one replies to emails.
I got my plants and an apology in the end.

LinkBack