The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Warning - DO NOT USE - Exotic-Pets.co.uk

This is a discussion on Warning - DO NOT USE - Exotic-Pets.co.uk within the Testimonials forums, part of the Advertisements for Newts & Salamanders category; I posted this warning back in January as I'd tried to order some good from a website and they had ...

Testimonials The place to post info about good or bad deals with people and companies. Reading is open to anyone, including unregistered visitors - this means these pages are viewable by anyone so mind your Ps and Qs. Posting is open to Registered Caudata.org Members only.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By xxianxx

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th June 2012   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: AxieMum is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Warning - DO NOT USE - Exotic-Pets.co.uk

I posted this warning back in January as I'd tried to order some good from a website and they had taken my money and not shipped my good, and when I complained, they ignored me. I asked to be refunded and they ignored me until I contacted the authorities and had to write an official letter threatening to report them to the authorities unless they refunded my order (it was only for 13). Stupidly I decided that this was an oversight on their part and decided to try to place the order again....

Order placed on the 11th May and receievd a statement that they would aim to despatch this by the 28th May. On the 7th June I sent a message asking where my product was and I got a response on the 8th saying that it would be shipped on the 11th or 12th June. I sent another message on the 12th asking why it had not yet been shipped (tracking still showed 'awaiting despatch') and I had no response. I have messaged them today (19th) asking for a refund as it is now apparent that they do not stock the things they sell. I hope that I will receive the refund but imagine that this is unlikely and I will have to report them to the authorities. I just want to warn everyone here to not use this website. There are other websites out there and it is not worth the hassle
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screenshot-exoticpets1.jpg (92.2 KB, 442 views)
File Type: jpg screenshot - exoticpets2.jpg (93.0 KB, 651 views)
File Type: jpg screen shot - exoticpets3.jpg (91.7 KB, 226 views)

AxieMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2012   #2 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 4
Comments: 7
Rep: xxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.org
Default Re: Warning - DO NOT USE - Exotic-Pets.co.uk

It might be a good idea to send them this link to see how much bad press they are getting, I certainly will not use them at any point after reading your account of their poor customer service.

Old 20th June 2012   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:

I will give them until Friday to respond to my message about a refund; I know from my experience in January that they will not respond. I will then report them to the authorities and send them this link.

I had the same experience in January and posted this link then which hopefully deterred some people. I want this to get more publicity though so more people are aware and so that they are not able to continue treating their customers like this.

I ordered some worms from worms from Buy Worms for Fishing Bait and Composting | Worms Direct last night and they are being shipped today

Old 20th June 2012   #4 (permalink)

Nationality:

Thanks for the advice. I will wait until Friday to see if they have the courtesy to reply to my request for a refund. My first experience in January tells me that they most definitely will not. I will then report them to the authorities again and send them this link as well as the letter requesting the refund.

I believe that Exotic Pets do not stock the goods that they sell, therefore if they cannot find the goods elsewhere, you will not receive anything. Hopefully after reading this, people can make their own decisions and avoid purchasing anything from this website. They cannot be allowed to treat their customers in this way. I just cannot believe that I was stupid enough to give them a second chance!

On a lighter note, I purchased worms from Buy Worms for Fishing Bait and Composting | Worms Direct last night and they are being shipped today!

Old 20th June 2012   #5 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: axybaby has started on the right path

Hi Aximum
Was it worms you were interested in? Its just I have a great supplier I can point you in the direction of. Im not sure of the rules of posting a link to a sales page but if you inbox me Ill happily give you the details. Im very pleased with this company and reorder time and time again as they are organic, really healthy and have great communications.

axybaby is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack