The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Backwater Reptiles

This is a discussion on Backwater Reptiles within the Testimonials forums, part of the Advertisements for Newts & Salamanders category; So I purchased four eastern spotted newts from them on Sunday and it is now Tuesday when they said that ...

Testimonials The place to post info about good or bad deals with people and companies. Reading is open to anyone, including unregistered visitors - this means these pages are viewable by anyone so mind your Ps and Qs. Posting is open to Registered Caudata.org Members only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th August 2012   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Wildebeestking is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Backwater Reptiles

So I purchased four eastern spotted newts from them on Sunday and it is now Tuesday when they said that they would be delivered Tuesday morning. (Overnight Shipping) And yet somehow they weren't delivered. I've filed a complaint/report on their website and hope to hear back from them with a good reason that they are late. Not sure if they are good or bad right now.

Wildebeestking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2012   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Default Re: Backwater Reptiles

I got an email from them saying that they had expected them to come in Monday and they'll be shipping them out in a few days. It sounds like everything is good so far.

Old 29th August 2012   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: MiniraBuster is an unknown quantity at this point

I've ordered from them twice before and arrival was on time (not sure about this hiccup). On another note I highly recommend you have a vet check them out as soon as you get them; The last time I ordered from them my newt died in less than two days. God forbid that will the case with your new pets. Hope they arrive healthy, safe and sound

MiniraBuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2012   #4 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: ahritchie has shown reliable knowledgeahritchie has shown reliable knowledge

Good luck, I've had terrible luck with WC Eastern newts lasting more than a few days, they always seem to get redness on the rear legs and die in short order I've never had any sort of issue with any of the CB newt varieties I keep however. Kinda ironic they are the only newt native to my region and can't seem to keep them alive but newts from all over the world; Asia, Europe, and Middle East thrive under my care I would quarantine them all separately for a few weeks to be safe. Hopefully, they don't have any disease or parasites.

ahritchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2012   #5 (permalink)

Nationality:

I'll certainly have my newts examined then. I don't want to introduce anything to my current three newts.

Old 30th August 2012   #6 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 298
Comments: 24
Rep: Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11

I've dealt with this company on a number of occasions and have not encountered a problem.....yet.

I always give WC Eastern newts a precautionary salt bath once a day (5-7 minute duration) for 3 days. For me, this has drastically cut down on the number of spontaneous deaths that seem to plague this species.

Old 1st September 2012   #7 (permalink)

Nationality:

After nearly a week of emails I finally have a deal worked out with them. Apparently they won't be getting any in for more than three weeks, but instead they are just going to send me their most developed red efts that they have in stock to compensate for my troubles. I'm kind of flustered because I wanted to introduce four new adults to my current four, but having to raise them isn't that much of a hassle. Probably won't be doing business with them again. I don't want to have to go through this again.

LinkBack