The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Purchase from Phil at sales@buy-axolotls.com

This is a discussion on Purchase from Phil at sales@buy-axolotls.com within the Testimonials forums, part of the Advertisements for Newts & Salamanders category; I recently purchased 4 juvie axies from this fella out of downers grove illinois. I will say that they are ...

Testimonials The place to post info about good or bad deals with people and companies. Reading is open to anyone, including unregistered visitors - this means these pages are viewable by anyone so mind your Ps and Qs. Posting is open to Registered Caudata.org Members only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st May 2013   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: baddfish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Purchase from Phil at sales@buy-axolotls.com

I recently purchased 4 juvie axies from this fella out of downers grove illinois. I will say that they are very nice specimans. However, they are only 2in and his website clearly states 3-4 inchers. Especially for $35 each, you should produce the size you claim to have. So with that, i would only say that if you plan on doing business with this guy, make certain you get the right size axolotl you are paying for.

baddfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2013   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: usafaux2004 has shown reliable knowledgeusafaux2004 has shown reliable knowledge
Default Re: Purchase from Phil at sales@buy-axolotls.com

I wanted to bump this, simply to gauge people's opinion. I've seen a LOT of negative stuff about this operation online. Part of the reason I didn't buy from him initially. He claims to ship 3-4, and that means 3-4, not 2". But then he also told someone it's ok for an Axies skin to be peeling...

I'm just seeing so much BS on his page about "all those other breeders/hobby breeders", that I can't tell. Anyone else have experience/more recent experience?

usafaux2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2014   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: jlobello is an unknown quantity at this point

I would not recommend Phil from buy-axolotls.com.

I purchased an adult female from him about 2 weeks ago. Due to weather, I asked him to ship it on Tuesday, February 11th.

He sent her on Monday, February 10th (the day I did not request) but I let it slide. He sent her USPS overnight (I do not like USPS- he claimed he could only use USPS because fedex/ups have a clause that says he cannot ship endangered species).

Needless to say, the package was delayed in Chicago for 4 days. I called Phil during these days and he assured me it would get to me safe and sound.

It only began its way towards Atlanta on Thursday, then got stuck at my town's post office for 'bad address'. The address WAS correct, but USPS- being USPS- had an issue and no matter what I did, it was not being resolved. I even went to the post office and they wouldn't help me find the package.

He assumed she would be shipped back to him, he offered me a refund over the phone but I said to wait until Saturday on the off-chance she would get to me.

Saturday came and went, I called and said she should be getting back to him. He agreed. I told him we could settle this later (I was very upset that this poor baby was going to be dead...)

Unfortunately, she did get delivered to our house on Tuesday of this week, of course, very dead. The smell of death was on the box when my husband signed for it. He hid the fact that he had signed for the package (and threw it away immediately) for fear of upsetting me more.

The next day, my husband called Phil and told him what happened. Phil requested that the package be sent back to him. My husband, being unfamiliar with the pet trade and online sellers, agreed to this. When he told me, I said that was preposterous to ask- for one, if it smelled before you opened it, it will smell worse on the way back, and USPS will likely not take the package from you OR throw it away during transit.

Secondly, the only safe way to send her back intact and without a possibilty of being thrown out would be to send her back via FEDEX or UPS with dry ice. That would cost nearly what I paid for her.

So, I told him to take photos of the axolotl and packaging, as well as the label, send those to him, tell him we simply cannot send her back and that this animal was very obviously dead. We just want a refund for the animal, not the shipping, as the shipping wasn't anybody's fault but USPS.

He refused to send us a refund without sending him the carcass, and he wanted to make sure it was "his axolotl".

Yes, because I have alot of dead axolotls laying around...in your packaging...and in your box...my husband didn't even remove her from the bag she was in.

So needless to say, this has gone into a paypal dispute, I am hoping he will give me a refund, but I am not counting on it.

Buyer beware. His axolotls appear in good health, he knows how to care for them, but he does not care about the animal or the customer. Period.

jlobello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2014   #4 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: leandrah has shown reliable knowledgeleandrah has shown reliable knowledge

I am so so so sorry about that Jlobello, thats really really horrible

leandrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2014   #5 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: ChameleonCans is an unknown quantity at this point

Unfortunately, I sent him 50-60 axolotl which he paid for. However, due upon arrival he said that he only received 40. I had packed him extras for free in hopes to establish a working relationship with him. After he requested to be refunded $30 for the "missing" axolotl he decided to stop the credit card payment. In conclusion, I paid him $30 for about 60 axolotl. I would not recommend buying or selling to him.

ChameleonCans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2014   #6 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: jlobello is an unknown quantity at this point

I also saw your post on BOI after I purchased from him, should have looked on BOI before the purchase, my mistake.

You don't want to know how much I paid for her, either. It sickens me to think about it.

jlobello is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack