The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Reptilesncritters.com

This is a discussion on Reptilesncritters.com within the Testimonials forums, part of the Advertisements for Newts & Salamanders category; I went out on a limb to support this buisness as I had not done so before. I purchased two ...

Testimonials The place to post info about good or bad deals with people and companies. Reading is open to anyone, including unregistered visitors - this means these pages are viewable by anyone so mind your Ps and Qs. Posting is open to Registered Caudata.org Members only.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By frogman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th June 2013   #1 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 5
Comments: 2
Rep: frogman has given consistently good advice and informationfrogman has given consistently good advice and informationfrogman has given consistently good advice and information
Default Reptilesncritters.com

I went out on a limb to support this buisness as I had not done so before. I purchased two of the kweichow crocodile newts after providing plenty of information on properly telling the gender of the animal and being told that they had experts that can properly sex them. After consulting with someone over email, I decided to purchase the newts. I was buying the newts for a breeding purpose as I had stated in multiple emails to make it clear and said it was very important that they were female. I purchased the newts and selected two females in my purchase. The package came two days later, on the box it was stated that there were two females inside, when I opened the box, I found two males. I can also provide obvious photographic proof that they are indeed the wrong gender. I sent an email saying that they were the wrong gender. When they replied I was shocked, now they stated that they could not 100% gaurentee the gender of the animal, they only told me this after i received them. They stated that there were no refunds or replacements. I was told "too bad" after filing a PayPal claim saying that the item that I received was not what I got a bill for. I would not reccomend doing buisness with reptilesncritters by any means.

Evan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

frogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2013   #2 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 1
Comments: 7
Rep: Coastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.org
Default Re: Reptilesncritters.com

I bought a few Great Plains toads from them in the past. They came in alive and healthy but they couldn't sex those either. I would say they are also about 10-20 dollars overpriced on many of their animals. However sometimes they are the only place to get somethings. So you over pay and pray you get lucky with the sexing of your animals.

Old 21st June 2013   #3 (permalink)
2010 Research Grant Donor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: michael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.org
Default Re: Reptilesncritters.com

That is a common mistake with reptile wholesalers. They see that volcano shaped egg depositor and think it is the bulge from a male sex organ. With Tylototriton more often than not the wholesaler can distinguish between the sexes. They know they have opposite sexes but they get it backwards.

michael is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack